Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini’s Crackling Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I've been experiencing this same issue and thought it was something wrong with my particular MY. I thought maybe it was just the sound of foam in the tires, but I never experienced this with my M3 with Sport wheels. I took delivery of my MY in May 2022, so all this time still no fix when manufactured. C'mon Tesla!

@thinktwice the good news is that the noise literally does go away on its own after a few months (I guess after a certain number of miles--though I could no longer tell you when we stopped hearing the sound as it's been a long time.)

@thinktwice @fstop11 again I don't remember the timing but one day my partner and I realized we didn't hear it any more. We've had the car 14.5 months now and about 15,000 km (approx 9,300 miles) and I'm pretty sure it's been at least half that time/distance since we heard it, but my recollection is fuzzy. The amount of time it takes for them to settle may vary I guess, but it should happen, eventually.

I installed a rubber weather stripping along the inside lip of the cover. Initial roll in the garage seemed promising. I’ll check again when it’s cooler outside. Two packages total. Each wheel needs about 5.5’
AFFA0286-2AE2-4FE9-AEA4-50DCA226782E.jpeg
6C6E7232-C3DE-4FCF-8202-EE2CF7AC266F.jpeg