Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini Wheels - Powder Coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate the info!
No problem! I'm still tempted to leave the Gemini wheels on, pay the $800 for powdercoating them and then pick up the induction wheels at a later date from someone looking to upgrade. Even once Tesla adds them to the shop, they will be premium priced (ie not $2000), based on the other wheels they have there. I was even entertaining some minty Uberturbines (21') for $3000 shipped to NJ from CA with wheels and TPMS. As far as powdercoating, my wife says "now is not the time to be going in and out of shops and getting stuff done, just pay the $2k and get the induction wheels which is what you wanted to begin with" lol.

I got my Gemini rims powder coated. I then installed Wheel Bands in an attempt to keep from getting curb rash. However, due to the lip on the wheels, I don't think the wheel bands will do any good at all. Any suggestions for a rim protector kit that will work with the lip of the gemini wheels?

-Jim
IMG_6878.jpeg

Reactions: Nemy
No problem! I'm still tempted to leave the Gemini wheels on, pay the $800 for powdercoating them and then pick up the induction wheels at a later date from someone looking to upgrade. Even once Tesla adds them to the shop, they will be premium priced (ie not $2000), based on the other wheels they have there. I was even entertaining some minty Uberturbines (21') for $3000 shipped to NJ from CA with wheels and TPMS. As far as powdercoating, my wife says "now is not the time to be going in and out of shops and getting stuff done, just pay the $2k and get the induction wheels which is what you wanted to begin with" lol.

Haha! I like your wife’s way of thinking (so does the tire shop)!

Reactions: AnnoyingMYguy
I got my Gemini rims powder coated. I then installed Wheel Bands in an attempt to keep from getting curb rash. However, due to the lip on the wheels, I don't think the wheel bands will do any good at all. Any suggestions for a rim protector kit that will work with the lip of the gemini wheels?

-JimView attachment 563993

Check out RIM RINGZ they are one piece that clip between the tire/wheel. I had them on my vettes and even when I tracked them they didn't come loose. Not sure how they will work with the tires/wheels Tesla uses, but they were great on my vette's preventing curb rash.

Reactions: kingjamez
I haven't seen any powder coated Geminis yet, but several people have used plastidip to make the rims black. I plan on powder coating in the next 2-3 weeks and have been quoted $120/wheel in the North Jersey area. I love a good dark gray wheel!

Would you mind posting where in NJ you can get them powder coated? I've got 19" geminis and a set of Ubers in my garage. I'm thinking of powder coating the Geminis for winter use, then Ubers come out next spring.

-JimView attachment 563993
I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but they look great with the red trim.

Reactions: kingjamez
you can have my mint uber wheels for $3700 i am in NYC can drop them off

Would you mind posting where in NJ you can get them powder coated? I've got 19" geminis and a set of Ubers in my garage. I'm thinking of powder coating the Geminis for winter use, then Ubers come out next spring.
Best bet is to go to Facebook Marketplace and search for powder coat. A lot of the places that do car wraps also do powder coating wheels, painting calipers OR they have a shop they send those out to. iLLmatic Wraps is the NJ shop i spoke to, but Bozer's $120 a wheel sounds like a better deal!!