Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19 inch gemini on MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this question has been asked and answered a bunch of times. Search didn't turn up a clear answer for me. Can you put 19 inch gemini wheels with oem continental 19 inch tires directly on a performance trim car? Assuming they fit and clear the brakes/suspension without issue, besides less traction/handling capabilities are there other negatives?

Also, Gemini's are more comfortable, less damage prone, and economical since tire size is cheaper, more tire choices and can be rotated to preserve tread life since they are not a staggered set up.
But man do they look fugly compared to the Ubers lol 😂 19” with such a large wheel well just doesn’t look proportioned for some reason 🤷🏽‍♂️

No negatives other than aesthetic (subjectively looks worse (smaller, cheaper) than stock 21" Uber wheels)
For me aesthetics are important too. I have a MYP with 21” Michelins. The ride is not bad, not as good as other vehicles I’ve had. The wheel is prone to damage though and I have already damaged one twice but has been fixed. I have yet to see another wheel combo I like. The 21s fill the wheel wells best and I cannot find any other combo that does this without looking ridiculous.

For me aesthetics are important too. I have a MYP with 21” Michelins. The ride is not bad, not as good as other vehicles I’ve had. The wheel is prone to damage though and I have already damaged one twice but has been fixed. I have yet to see another wheel combo I like. The 21s fill the wheel wells best and I cannot find any other combo that does this without looking ridiculous.
Since the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo is the same for all wheel sizes, they all fill the wheel well equally (at least vertically). The difference with the P is the body is sitting a bit lower over the wheels. Within the same diameter, some people prefer the look (and ride/handling characteristics) of more wheel and less tire, some prefer more tire, less wheel. Having grown tired of low profile tires on street driven cars, I'm in the "gimme more sidewall" camp. To each his own.

Since the overall diameter of the wheel/tire combo is the same for all wheel sizes, they all fill the wheel well equally (at least vertically). The difference with the P is the body is sitting a bit lower over the wheels. Within the same diameter, some people prefer the look (and ride/handling characteristics) of more wheel and less tire, some prefer more tire, less wheel. Having grown tired of low profile tires on street driven cars, I'm in the "gimme more sidewall" camp. To each his own.
It does not appear this way to me. Visually, it looks terrible with some 18” or 19” setups.

Maybe just the hub caps…the actual metal rim looks great tbh
Again to each their own, I only liked the Geminis and the stock cap. I don't like black rims (from more than 15 feet away it just looks like a void) and the rim that's underneath the caps look just okay. I'm all about nice rims and would gladly have paid to upgrade if I liked them, would be nice if Tesla offered more than the one rim upgrade choice.