Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Pirelli Pzero Elect tires.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drew-MS

Nov 13, 2019
New York
There has been lots of confusion lately about whether the 19" Pirelli Elect tires on the refresh are summer tires or all seasons. Lots of us here assumed they were all seasons and most of the TAs at the Service Centers have been saying they are all seasons.
To clear up the confusion, I called Pirelli North America to find out for sure and I was told they are 'Summer' tires. However, the guy I spoke to said "think of them as summer tires for all seasons." Hmmm lmao.. I think the guy was somewhat joking so I assume he meant they are not super aggressive summer tires.

Last edited:
I bought 20" all seasons non run flats for my heavy other car, and i had multiple flats. they weren't run flats. i just checked and they are XL.
I ended up getting 19" replica rims, was able to buy run flat all seasons in that size, and haven't had a problem since.
Not sure if there are many options for the refresh let alone run flats, but I am just warning about a heavy car on rubber band tires.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I’m picking up my car today, I told them I want all season tires. we are scheduling an appointment to get those done. I don’t wanna have to purchase another set a tires for the winter
2021 model S LR
So they wont charge you for switching to all season right? I scheduled same thing...have heard back on confirmation of it yet tho

So they wont charge you for switching to all season right? I scheduled same thing...have heard back on confirmation of it yet tho
I tried to schedule this in Nashville, but was told that they had no other tires to put on the 19s. I think they are a bit out of date, and likely will change what they say later. What I don't know is whether when they get 19" all season tires in, they will swap them for no charge. I suspect that they will not, but I'm hoping otherwise.

There has been lots of confusion lately about whether the 19" Pirelli Elect tires on the refresh are summer tires or all seasons. Lots of us here assumed they were all seasons and most of the TAs at the Service Centers have been saying they are all seasons.
To clear up the confusion, I called Pirelli North America to find out for sure and I was told they are 'Summer' tires. However, the guy I spoke to said "think of them as summer tires for all seasons." Hmmm lmao.. I think the guy was somewhat joking so I assume he meant they are not super aggressive summer tires.
Drew, are you going to change to AS or keep the Pirelli's on?

I picked up my Model S LR Monday. They said I could schedule a service visit to get all season tires. Then service sent me an estimate for $1,380.50. See the correspondence attached. I can’t drive the car in Boston come the snow haha. Insane.

Attachments

• 767280EE-506E-446F-855E-CC88DFE7FCE7.png
    767280EE-506E-446F-855E-CC88DFE7FCE7.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 250
In what way are they “like AS” tires?

Everything I have seen indicates that they are performance summer tires which indicates that the rubber compound will be like a hockey puck below 40F and risks the sidewall cracking.

Even All-seasons can be like a hockey puck in the real cold and on ice, and an easy thing to do is a have set of summer and a set of winter tires and switch twice a year. The Pirelli Elect have great summer tire performance and terrific wet summer performance — see the info on tire rack about them.

I’m undecided because the 19” Pirelli Elect tires seem like AS tires even though they are summer. I have an SUV for snow etc. so I might just leave the tires alone.

Reactions: T-Racer and Drew-MS
In what way are they “like AS” tires?

Everything I have seen indicates that they are performance summer tires which indicates that the rubber compound will be like a hockey puck below 40F and risks the sidewall cracking.

Even All-seasons can be like a hockey puck in the real cold and on ice, and an easy thing to do is a have set of summer and a set of winter tires and switch twice a year. The Pirelli Elect have great summer tire performance and terrific wet summer performance — see the info on tire rack about them.

The front has a 45 sidewall and the rear has a 40 sidewall so they're not super low profile tires like the 21" wheels. I meant the Pirelli Elect 19" tires are not aggressive summer tires like the Pilot Sport 4S but you are correct, they are still summer tires. I personally wouldn't drive around on anything other than snow tires in the snow.

Reactions: bhzmark
A question for those with more experience than I. If I change my 19s over to All Seasons (the Michelin PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4), how much summer performance would I lose? I guess my question is whether it is worth changing back next spring to the Pirelli's? I don't think it is worth buying a new set of 4 wheels to put the Michelin AS tires on, but would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks,
[Note I live in Nashville, TN, might drive around the country some in winter, but would attempt to avoid really bad weather--that is, I won't go looking for it :)]

I picked up my Model S LR Monday. They said I could schedule a service visit to get all season tires. Then service sent me an estimate for $1,380.50. See the correspondence attached. I can’t drive the car in Boston come the snow haha. Insane.
This is just an innocent question as I’m in California. Say you buy a corvette in Boston, does it come with all seasons?

I live on the North Shore and have an appointment to get my summer Pirelli's swapped out on Friday - at no cost. Fingers crossed. I've been working with the Peabody team. Where did you pick up from?

I live on the North Shore and have an appointment to get my summer Pirelli's swapped out on Friday - at no cost. Fingers crossed. I've been working with the Peabody team. Where did you pick up from?
My Model S LR was delivered on Sept 2nd in Chicago. I scheduled the next available appointment on the day of delivery to get my tires swapped out and here was the response:

Anyone who wants all seasons swapped for free better get it in writing before taking delivery.

Rotating between summer and winter tires, especially in Chicago, would be better anyway if you have a place to store the off season tires. All season tires will perform crappy in deep cold and on icy slick roads. Winter tires are much better. They are doing you a favor: get proper winter tires by Thanksgiving and you will be better off.