Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Tire Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are the original tires I have now. I've been fine with them, but a little disappointed that they won't make it to 27k. I've been able to put close to 30k or more on other cars, with the exception being my i3 that also needed replacement at 27k. Maybe my expectations are too high...

Perhaps your expectations are too high. Pirelli Summer Tires will get you 10K... Yup that's bad...
I bought Goodyear Eagle Touring All Seasons that came with the 19" rims I'm using for Winter & have read those will net at least 25K, but in the same thread people were talking 40K out of their Michelin Tires... but then you also have to wonder if they know how to tell how much tread is "worn out" on there particular tire??? Just cause ya see a groove doesn't mean the tire is still good...

I get 30k out of a set of Michelin MXM4s. That's primarily driving over seriously rough and busted country roads. People with more normal driving conditions could probably get 40k out of them with proper rotation.
Same here, or rather 25k on back, looks like front will make 33k. Second owner and it was a demo car for first 1300 miles. Michelin has a good treadwear warranty.

My stock Goodyears (I think) lasted 33k or so miles on my S75 could have stretched it for a couple of thousand miles, but winter was coming. Replaced them with Michelin Primacy MXM4's and have no complaints so far and haven't really noticed a big difference in ride quality or noise etc. I am no tire connoisseur though.
Got them at Costco - they had a $70 off 4 tires and free (or was it $1?) install promo going on. I have driven about 6k miles on them and don't see any noticeable wear on the tread. Will need to go get them rotated one of these days.

Side story about the install - I called Costco (in Delaware) and the guy on the phone confirmed that they will install tires on a Tesla and they take walk-ins on weekends. I get there on a Sunday morning and wait 15-20 minutes in line to get checked in. As soon as I said "Tesla Model S" for the make/model, the guy who started to check me in (who seemed to be the manager/supervisor of the guy I talked to on the phone) said I need to make an appointment and come back on a weekday when they can take their time to work on the car. I have to admit there were several people in line behind me as well. And then he very loudly says "YOU CAN NOT BRING A SPACESHIP IN HERE WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT". I turned all red. I had a printout of the jack points with me though and took me a few minutes to convince him that he can do it. Install worked out fine.

Funny story... I did stop by my Costco a few months back, but they did not carry the MXM4's. Did not even consider having them installed there. Costco I thought was just for Beer and Batteries...

What was your price per corner?

I got the Primacies through Tire Rack, cost was $217 each, no tax. I took off the rear wheels and went to a local installer, best rated and specializing in high quality rim sales and installs, said they did Tesla's before. Despite all my efforts to prevent this, they scratched my wheels... TWICE. Then they said, "Why don't you go to Tesla"

These are great tires, even in a few inches of hard packed snow.

Not bad...and I assume they did not scratch your wheels...
IMG_20181128_125124101_HDR.jpg

I'm looking at replacing the 19" tires on my S75. I've seen a lot of comments leaning towards Michelin, Pirelli, and Continental. Has anyone tried General G-MAX AS-05? They're running about $40 cheaper than those three and wanted to see if anyone has experience with them.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/general-gmax-as-05/p/34795

A couple of members have bought these new Yokohama’s and say they are quite good. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+Ascend+GT

Reactions: TMThree
Hi all, can I assume that the folks here who have bought from Costco or some other non-Tesla supplier has purchased regular tires (i.e. no foam lining/insert / sound dampening) and things have worked out just fine in their Model S's?

I'd prefer to sacrifice longer thread life for a bit of road noise, but don't even know if the latter will be an issue with standard non-foam tires.

Thanks all!

Hi all, can I assume that the folks here who have bought from Costco or some other non-Tesla supplier has purchased regular tires (i.e. no foam lining/insert / sound dampening) and things have worked out just fine in their Model S's?

I'd prefer to sacrifice longer thread life for a bit of road noise, but don't even know if the latter will be an issue with standard non-foam tires.

Thanks all!

Bridgestone has a new “quiet” tire out now. It’s getting great reviews