Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.24.102 and Touch Screen Malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We installed 2.24.102 successfully on Tuesday. The DRLs now works. Yeah!!! Today. Thursday, we had to reboot the touch screen on two separate occasions due to a warning that the touch screen had malfunctioned and please call Tesla service. Anyone else having a similar problem?

We installed 2.24.102 successfully on Tuesday. The DRLs now works. Yeah!!! Today. Thursday, we had to reboot the touch screen on two separate occasions due to a warning that the touch screen had malfunctioned and please call Tesla service. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I did. I left my car at the airport overnight and when I returned to the car, it showed that I had an update available, but I've already received 2.24.102. Then I notice an error message on the console saying my touch screen isn't working and I need to call service.

I rebooted the screen and the console, everything worked as normal but the update message disappeared.

I did. I left my car at the airport overnight and when I returned to the car, it showed that I had an update available, but I've already received 2.24.102. Then I notice an error message on the console saying my touch screen isn't working and I need to call service.

I rebooted the screen and the console, everything worked as normal but the update message disappeared.
Did it show an update available or just the "!" icon at the top? That icon displays when you have an update and when there is a warning signal in the car.

I contacted Tesla Service and was told that my USB drive was defective, which was causing the screen to malfunction. This is very strange since I have used the same USB drive since I received the car, and never had a problem until I uploaded 2.24.102. I checked the USB drive on another computer, and it works fine. I gave it to my IT department and they could find nothing wrong with it.

On the one hand, 2.24.102 enabled my DRLs. On the other, it is preventing my from playing music on my USB drive.

Last edited:
Yesterday when dropping by an SvC, my expectation was that I would get 2.24.103. What I got was 2.24.102. Doh.

This is yet another reason why we need release notes per release in advance of the installation so that we know what we are about to install - with an opt-out, unless safety-related. I'm a patient guy. I can wait.

So. USB/touchscreen problems again, eh? This happened before - no error message but verrrrry slow touchscreen response. The workaround from Service was to disconnect the USB sticks "because that fixes the problem". Uh, hrm. Another workaround was to delete visited locations, one by one, via the touchscreen interface. Eventually, a release followed that actually fixed the problem.

Now, of course I have no idea whether *.103 fixes the above defect reported with *.102, or if my car is even a candidate for *.103. No release notes with *.103 either, evidently (beyond the single Summon-related page). I do know that the last things I want to see in a part that costs $4,000 to replace are spurious error messages.

I'll take regression testing for $200, Alex.

Last edited:
Reactions: msnow
I have had many of the same symptoms since getting the latest updates:

Touchscreen blank
Touchscreen dead with message on drivers display
Drivers display blank and missing info on right side

Was told to take car out of power saving mode and to keep "always connected" on
And, finally was told to remove my USB Drive!

Got a new update today...waiting to see what happens now.

My DRL's always worked. Was that something specific to a previous update you received or is this an AP2 specific thing?