Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Year Tesla Service Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricing seems similar to XCare. For the Model Y Tesla charges $2k to add 2-years/25k miles. XCare quotes me $2,709 to add ~3 years/~29k miles. (Since their warranty starts from the day you buy it vs. when the factory warranty ends.) But they also offer longer options, like to add ~7 years/~54k miles for ~$2,906k.

Olive is 50 per month for my i3. I didn’t price my tesla since I have one more year of factory warranty. Also. For California be warned many 3rd party warranty companies do not offer anything here. Different rules. So we do not have as many options

I'm at almost 47k in just shy of 2 years....I got 125k coverage for my prius prime for 1k($0 ded), they wanted of 10k for the Tesla...I called yesterday and they would old offer with no battery coverage and was 9700!!! I was like you guys are smoking crack....
Really pondering the 2k for 25k....I drove 30k the 1st year and almost 20k this year( plan on less miles over the next few years)....
I have had 12v battery replaced 2x, 1 at my cost. both repeaters replaced for not working, filling with condensation. Frunk sensor, then some other sensor and windshield spontaneously cracked(all under warranty). I had 2 parts from front suspension replaced at my cost(Didnt bother going to Tesla as they would deny working on it most likely since i have MPP coilovers) My luck isn't always the greatest it seems( had 2 hatches replaced from getting rear ended)...

Last edited:
Wow, most of the stuff that was fixed under warranty for me, isnt even covered...

Other Parts not covered: Bright metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornamentation moldings, carpet, upholstery, paint, shock absorbers, 12V battery, battery cables, lenses, light bulbs, sealed beams, glass (e.g., windshield), wheels, interior trim, body seals and gaskets (e.g., weather stripping); o Removable soft tops, removable hard tops, glass, plastic, framing, cables, or seals; and o Certain individual items associated with the Vehicle, including, but not limited to the Mobile Connector, Wall Connector, any future connectors, and charging adapters;

Wow, most of the stuff that was fixed under warranty for me, isnt even covered...

Other Parts not covered: Bright metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornamentation moldings, carpet, upholstery, paint, shock absorbers, 12V battery, battery cables, lenses, light bulbs, sealed beams, glass (e.g., windshield), wheels, interior trim, body seals and gaskets (e.g., weather stripping); o Removable soft tops, removable hard tops, glass, plastic, framing, cables, or seals; and o Certain individual items associated with the Vehicle, including, but not limited to the Mobile Connector, Wall Connector, any future connectors, and charging adapters;
is that for tesla extended warranty?

Since the battery pack (definitely covered under a separate warranty) and drive units (not sure if these are covered under the 8 yr/120k mile warranty as is the case with the battery) are covered under a separate warranty the biggest replacement cost item would be the heat pump compressor and other heat pump components.

Here's a datapoint to consider:

960x0.jpg

Source:

Here's a datapoint to consider:

960x0.jpg

Source:
That particular article is super light on facts, and statements like We included them in the study, but they're not part of the official rankings don't give me the feeling that this is a particularly robust study. They're particular top results of concerns are mostly software related, especially where Tesla is concerned. Not that they're aren't quirks with Tesla's software, but it's widely known as one of the best software packages relative to electric vehicles.

Reactions: Dennisis
There's a link to the full press release

The article states that the more cutting-edge the tech the vehicle has, the likelihood of problems goes up. I do think that it should be included in the discussion, instead of going with anecdotes.

• Tesla officially included for the first time: Tesla is included in the industry VDS calculation this year for the first time, with a score of 242 PP100. However, because Tesla does not allow J.D. Power access to owner information in the states where that permission is required by law, Tesla vehicles remain ineligible for awards.