Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 California rebate program?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone putting in an application for this? I just sent mine in last night.

The model Y is on their list for $2000 rebate as long as you meet the income eligibility and hasn't been done more than 3 times per person. Also has to be done when the car has less than 7500 miles and within 3 months of purchase. Im sure there is a few more things im missing but someone else can chime in.

I tried to see if their were other criteria like price of car exceeding a certain amount but didn't find anything on that, I read through all the paperwork. Seems legit. Wont hurt to try.

The model Y is on their list for $2000 rebate as long as you meet the income eligibility and hasn't been done more than 3 times per person. Also has to be done when the car has less than 7500 miles and within 3 months of purchase. Im sure there is a few more things im missing but someone else can chime in.

I tried to see if their were other criteria like price of car exceeding a certain amount but didn't find anything on that, I read through all the paperwork. Seems legit. Wont hurt to try.

You already got your Y? I don’t think you can submit till you purchased your car, right?

Unfortunately, only vehicles under $60k qualify — the MYP is automatically disqualified to my great disappointment.

according to my SA, the $60K to qualify has to include the $1200 destination charge also.

so its 60k? I cant find that in writing anywhere. In fact, the application does not specify any cost, I even CTRL+F lol But if you find it can you show me so I wont get my hopes up?

Also I heard on the forum someone got it approved regardless because of the baseprice is much less than 60k

so its 60k? I cant find that in writing anywhere. In fact, the application does not specify any cost, I even CTRL+F lol But if you find it can you show me so I wont get my hopes up?

Also I heard on the forum someone got it approved regardless because of the baseprice is much less than 60k
I sure hope they don’t look too hard (they ask for the purchase agreement, which lists MSRP), but the $60k MSRP cap can be found on the downloadable PDF link below.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/site...cvrp/documents/CVRP-Implementation-Manual.pdf

You already got your Y? I don’t think you can submit till you purchased your car, right?

Yes I got my Y. not s
I sure hope they don’t look too hard (they ask for the purchase agreement, which lists MSRP), but the $60k MSRP cap can be found on the downloadable PDF link below.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/site...cvrp/documents/CVRP-Implementation-Manual.pdf

awesome thanks for the link!!

so it clearly says, “has a base MSRP of less than 60k” so I guess every model Y is covered. But we shall see. Doesn’t hurt to try

Yes I got my Y. not s

awesome thanks for the link!!

so it clearly says, “has a base MSRP of less than 60k” so I guess every model Y is covered. But we shall see. Doesn’t hurt to try
Let me know what they say after your submission! I have a black/white MYP on order so it’ll probably be a couple months before I get my car and apply. I sure hope they allow it — the “base” MSRP is $41k before the itemized performance upgrade so maybe we’ll qualify!

Let me know what they say after your submission! I have a black/white MYP on order so it’ll probably be a couple months before I get my car and apply. I sure hope they allow it — the “base” MSRP is $41k before the itemized performance upgrade so maybe we’ll qualify!

mmmm i dont think that'll work. total MSRP includes all upgrades. spoke with my SA and he said the MYP automatically doesn't qualify since MSRP is over $60K and that doesn't even include the destination fee in there.

I don't have a Y but I got the $2500 from them on my 3 which cam just under $50k. It was supposed to be $2000 based on when I got the car but they called me and said if I could prove to them I placed the order before the check refund dropped from $2500 to $2000 they would send me the higher amount.

Was surprised they called to even give me the option and that call was on the last day you could re-apply for the higher amount.

I don't have a Y but I got the $2500 from them on my 3 which cam just under $50k.
I believe the $60K limit has only been introduced recently. I've got $59K MSRP (before shipping etc. $1200 fee) so assume I will be ok no matter what (LR AWD, MSM, FSD).

What I'm still puzzled about is the 'only once' rule - when I got the Leaf rebate (2018) the limit was two, however when I read the current rules there doesn't seem to be any 'grandfathering' into a two rebate maximum. Anyway my wife can apply if I can't.

mmmm i dont think that'll work. total MSRP includes all upgrades. spoke with my SA and he said the MYP automatically doesn't qualify since MSRP is over $60K and that doesn't even include the destination fee in there.

Hold on, There is still hope lol It says “base MRSP” so maybe we will all qualify since it’s about 45k for the MY.

I’m trying to find the thread where one guy who got an MYP spoke to a rep at rebate program and they said he qualifies based on the base MSRP regardless of all the upgrades.

worth a try

Yeah I got
$1000 SCE
$2500 California
$1875 (?) Federal.

But they could also be in PG&E (or numerous others) besides SCE.

In California I would also recommend the front plate sticker instead of the traditional metal plate + mount. Keeps the lines of the car and totally worth the $65 or whatever it is.

Can you elaborate the front plate sticker?

If you live in California and want to keep the clean lines of the car or risk a ticket by slipping the plate.

Highly recommend. Legal in CA. Approved by DMV and Highway Patrol.

I even replaced my regular plates with the legacy ones so I could have the black sticker plate on my black paint car.

Tested by the California Highway Patrol of Sacramento

01588185-3383-4240-A149-1E7C6ACA2C03.jpeg

Verified, the Model Y is eligible for CVRP rebate since MSRP of Base Model (Standard Range) is $41K (<60K).

Discussed here: California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

I submitted 21March, on processing currently 60-71 days wait per CVRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: BM3LRPUP19