Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 California rebate program?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, OP did have to wait for your registration prior to applying ? i think they are not accepting temporary tags. Need to ask because my application is still pending , have to wait for MY Registration. Thanks

Temporary registration is acceptable.

Screenshot_20200418-151900_Drive.jpg

I think so. I got one in Dec and I don’t qualify for a second one. But they’ve said if I had one at an earlier (specific) date I would be eligible.

Just email them they’re quite responsive.

It’s also detailed in their faq section.

I have tried to make sense of the rules (could have asked them directly of course) but the rules are still clear as mud to me.

I'm in virtually the same situation as 2018M3, had the rebate in 2018 for a Nissan Leaf (at the time the lifetime limit was 2). In the end I decided to have my wife apply for the rebate, and she was recently approved.

You meant email tesla or email CA? What's the email address?

Email Calif CVRP people. Call would be quicker and perhaps easier. I've spoke to them several times.

In Dec they even called me to say $2000 check already mailed would be canceled and a new $2500 check would be sent if I called them back the same day as they were offering to grace me back to the $2500 amount even though I was past the deadline since I purchased before Dec 3 but got the car late Dec.

Contact details on their website:

Need assistance? Contact us
866-984-2532

866-550-8130 (Spanish)

[email protected]

Reactions: cwerdna and 2018M3