Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving my Signature #419. I'm about to remove and replace the eMMC as I'm confident the MCU is about to crash. Anyone else with this issue?

I've been strongly considering buying a second Signature in Red because the color is awesome. A facelift 2016 may win out. Do we have a database for signatures any more?

It's been a slice ladies and gentlemen. Traded in the Signature P85 for a 16' facelift P90DL. While I'm going to miss my Sig my new to me P90DL is absolute madness.

I admire you. I just don't know that I could do it. My Signature "good old VIN number 162" has endeared itself to me in such a way that I think I'll have to keep it. Probably what I'll wind up doing is adding a cyber truck when it becomes available to get all the latest autopilot hardware 3 goodies. and keep my S for the rest of my life, or as long as I can keep it running.

In any case congratulations :) I'm sure you're going to enjoy that ride as well. But please do hang around this thread from time to time, you have knowledge that few people have. There aren't that many signature owners / drivers out there. They / you, have information about these cars that you just can't get anywhere else.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
IMG_20200130_220400.jpg IMG_20200130_220415.jpg IMG_20200130_220435.jpg IMG_20200130_221911.jpg

Reactions: gaswalla
Just updated to 2020.4.1. this is the first update in quite some time that has actually improved something my car actually has gotten better voice commands are stellar. Text message integration is awesome to have. there's also been a microphone added to the keyboard where I can now dictate input into the search menus and so forth. Granted these are things the car probably should have always had. Others have for quite some time and if the capability was there one would wonder why Tesla wouldn't have included it when the thing was sold. But in any case it certainly is nice to get it.

Just updated to 2020.4.1. this is the first update in quite some time that has actually improved something my car actually has gotten better voice commands are stellar. Text message integration is awesome to have. there's also been a microphone added to the keyboard where I can now dictate input into the search menus and so forth. Granted these are things the car probably should have always had. Others have for quite some time and if the capability was there one would wonder why Tesla wouldn't have included it when the thing was sold. But in any case it certainly is nice to get it.
Updated mine as well to 2020.4.1, but I didn't get any luck with the features. Just doesn't do anything. Maybe I need to do a reset.

Its interesting there are so many Signature Red owners the replied to the registry.

I'm pretty remorseful because I passed on a Signature Red that sold at auction a little over a week ago. Would have been my second signature, enjoying my Black one but would have loved the Red.

FWIW, I used Tony on the forums to upgrade the eMMC and I'm very glad I did. The MCU had been replaced by Tesla back in 2016 but it was already starting to show some signs of failure. The upgrade with Tony went pretty smoothly and the car software is quite a bit quicker and more stable now.

• Helpful
Reactions: EV-Fixme and IdaX
Updated mine as well to 2020.4.1, but I didn't get any luck with the features. Just doesn't do anything. Maybe I need to do a reset.

That's odd, the voice commands are among the things that I like the most that and the ability to read and respond to text messages with just the right scroll wheel is something that was long overdue. I don't know that there's a comprehensive list of voice commands out there anywhere and I don't know that I could memorize it or remember it even if I saw it. My experience with voice commands is just trial and error I'll just ask the car and see what it does and I find out one thing at a time what the car can and cannot do. Another curiosity I wonder if one has to have the tech package in order for some of this stuff to work. Just a thought. I don't know that all signature cars had the tech package by default.

Here’s a list of 150 commands that appear to work. Going to go try them in my classic

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands

Awesome I've seen bits and pieces of available voice commands. some of those look like they're autopilot specific and so forth or maybe require second generation MCU? Not sure. I've tried a couple that I thought would be no brainers like open the panoramic roof which is not available. But I've also tried others that I didn't think would work that did. Most of the menus or settings menus I should say can be opened via voice. Fun times again :)

I know there’s something magical about the original Sigs and the badass Sig Red color (for those that had it) is only part of it. But it’s such a cool color and the facelift nose is so sleek - I’ve always fantasized about an OEM Signature Red facelift MS. Man, what a dream. I’ve heard that Tesla has done several one-off paint jobs for exclusive customers for a high fee (I know, this was in the early days)... someone out there has to have considered a Sig Red paint job on a super custom order on a latter-year car.

It could be done easily enough. I have seen a signature red Model 3 in New Mexico a while back when I was coming back from Pennsylvania. The paint code is PPSR. And is known, so any competent body shop can mix the paint and repaint a car in the signature red color.

And here I am aggressively trying to prevent 2020.4.1 and downgrading back to 2019.28.3.1.

You might want to let this one download and install it's probably the best update I've gotten since version 9 "which I hate" and it destroyed my car's UI for the most part, but at least this version gives me some glimmer of hope and a few functions that I didn't have before.

Curiosity? Were Model S cars always rated at 300 watt hours per mile? I thought that it used to be 286 or somewhere around there for rated miles. just looking at my display I see my car is now rated at 300 watt hours per mile So if that's what the BMS thinks then it would adjust the range accordingly that I see on the display maybe that's where my range went? Just speculating