Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 MS screen lines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize the screen issues have been discussed and I have read many threads and online information but have additional questions. I do not have the bubbles and there is no "goo" leaking out (yet). My screen has the symmetrical line across it and the sine-wave-like lines at the top as well. What I'd like to know is whether I should have the screen replaced. It's works fine and no goo as I said. No bubbles. If I DO get the screen replaced are the new screens the same screen they used in 2014 (not meant for automobiles, as I read)? Will this happen again? I am long out of warranty so assuming Tesla is not covering the cost of this. I did have the recall chip replaced a year or so ago.

teslaScreen.jpg

UPDATE: I had the screen replaced and today, a few days later, the smaller screen behind the steering wheel is flickering like crazy, stuck at 2mph, says it's in Drive whether I'm in Park or Reverse. Heading back to Tesla service and refusing to pay for a fix as this is clearly some screw up having to do with my screen replacement. I only hope they admit it. Anyone else know about this problem?