Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's how it goes.

1. Print the pieces in ABS.
2. Weld together with acetone and then apply bondo spot glaze
3. Sand and smooth and paint, then apply epoxy finish for a smooth print.
4. (not shown) Apply matte black finish to look like stock plastic.
2E9A7459-8B53-4137-A2D2-0A640BDFF55F.jpeg
BBC75909-EF11-4DF0-B1DA-ACE370B8843D.jpeg
87B95C13-6B7B-4618-8259-C55E58031F33.jpeg

Alsetcoil...just sent you a message with a few parts related question...if needed or not...I post it here...so general forum will have some ideas.

1) active louver...they are $260 ea from tesla
2) spears
3) Auto pilot radar...according to the pic...you don't have this option
4) lower grill and ducting
5) issue with driving in the rain w the gap between hood and upper T-emblem

Yes, all Model S and X. You aren't supposed to notice them, they close and camouflage when not supercharging (or otherwise opened for cooling). They're in the strakes next to your cornering/fog/accent lights -

just to clarify, there are pre-facelift hood with just one loop hook, that doesnt work? even if that were the case, welding on the old hook onto the new hood should work? taking care of the weather stripping for thr frunk is another story of course.

on the same topic, anyone tried welding an extended piece to the old hood to match the newer style hood?

I have the single loop hood and all I did was remove the plastic end which is held by a single rivet. You don't have to weld anything on that one. I didn't install the newer hood. That's the purpose of the gap filler.

I just want to confirm before I embark with my own attempt at this, 2012 MS P85, order the parts from the first page, bumper, supports, brackets, etc. have bumper painted, install all the parts, move homelink module, and buy 3D printed “t-panel” from @TheCharlesChen ,then should be good to go right?

Is it really that simple?

You also have to remove the plastic end of the hood latch. It's just a single rivet you can drill out.