Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FF09C560-8A0F-4A0B-91BB-E50FC2782F91.jpeg

Replacing the hood is a bad move...too much modification to the frunk.

Here is my version w Charleschen filler and wrap in carbon fiber

Charles, I think if you use bolts instead of screws, can you then remove these easier in the event you need to reach the manual release leaver?

(Because in that event the space between the hoot and the gap filler would be too small for a screwdriver but perfect for a spanner)

Charles, I think if you use bolts instead of screws, can you then remove these easier in the event you need to reach the manual release leaver?

(Because in that event the space between the hoot and the gap filler would be too small for a screwdriver but perfect for a spanner)

That won't work because the screw holes are directly on top of the plastic and screw downward into the T-badge. The hood closes snugly on top of the gap so it's all sealed up. One thing you could do, however, is to tie a string to the latch and run the string down to the lower bumper grill or somewhere else reachable.

Something like this:

everbilt-fence-gate-hinges-18624-64_1000.jpg

That won't work because the screw holes are directly on top of the plastic and screw downward into the T-badge. The hood closes snugly on top of the gap so it's all sealed up. One thing you could do, however, is to tie a string to the latch and run the string down to the lower bumper grill or somewhere else reachable.

Something like this:

everbilt-fence-gate-hinges-18624-64_1000.jpg
Very good idea. Perfect, I’m 100% commited. I can’t think though of any occasion that I’ve had to use that leaver but it’s better to be prepared always.

I emailed my local SC and they wrote back saying unfortunately the vin car in not compatible with the updated parts so their policy doesn’t allow them sell them to me!!! So annoying.
Is there another way I can get around this? Maybe I need to lie about the vin number?

I emailed my local SC and they wrote back saying unfortunately the vin car in not compatible with the updated parts so their policy doesn’t allow them sell them to me!!! So annoying.
Is there another way I can get around this? Maybe I need to lie about the vin number?

That’s so annoying. I wonder if they started implementing a new policy. My SC never gave me any trouble. If you can find a parts guy in your SC, you can try emailing them the parts list and see if they will order it for you. Often the parts guys can get around rather than the service reps.

That’s so annoying. I wonder if they started implementing a new policy. My SC never gave me any trouble. If you can find a parts guy in your SC, you can try emailing them the parts list and see if they will order it for you. Often the parts guys can get around rather than the service reps.

yea I’ll get around it some way.
I rang a body shop and got a quote for painting the bumper, they quoted me £3000!! I laughed out loud when he said that price.