TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor 2015 Black Model S - New Car Prep <---- Another Bad One

Discussion in 'Florida' started by First Impression, Jan 10, 2015.

1. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    #1 First Impression, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    This Model S came to our studio from Lakeland, FL. The car was roughly a week old. We installed 3M Crystalline all around including windshield and pano roof, the car also received a paint correction and application of Gtechniq Crystal Serum and EXOv2 on the paintwork. Wheels, leather, carpet and glass where also coated.

Initial Inspection

Lots of scratches, many of them superficial but a fair amount of deeper scratches were also present.
    IMG_3362.png IMG_3465.png IMG_3542.png IMG_3543.png IMG_3547.png IMG_3549.png IMG_3555.png IMG_3367.png IMG_3448.png IMG_3462.png IMG_3363.png IMG_3366.png

Correction

Not everyone who can hold a polisher can safely and properly correct the paintwork on a Tesla. The paint on Teslas is very soft and finicky to work with (specially black), this requires a skilled detailer to achieve the best results possible without sacrificing the integrity of the paint.
    IMG_3508.png IMG_3454.png IMG_3491.png IMG_3561.png IMG_3507.png IMG_3544.png

A 50/50 shot of what's being accomplish
    IMG_3518.png

Done with Correction

By removing the majority of the scratches on the vehicle we enhance the gloss and increase the clarity of the paint
    IMG_3563.png IMG_3566.png IMG_3567.png IMG_3581.png

Coating Wheels
    In order to properly clean, decontaminate and coat the wheels we remove them off the car, spray a deironizer to melt away all iron particles embedded on the surface of the wheel (when this reaction takes place the clear chemical turns purple as seen in the pictures below) leaving behind a clean suface for the coating to properly adhere to.
    IMG_3591.png IMG_3593.png IMG_3595.png IMG_3596.png IMG_3597.png

Finished MS
    Due to a tight schedule I was unable to take more after shots.
    IMG_3945.png IMG_4025.png IMG_3949.png

I hope you enjoyed this thread as much as I enjoy working on this cars.

Feel free to message me or reply to this thread with any questions you might have.

2. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Nice work. From the looks of the before shots they must be washing these cars with sandpaper :cursing: :biggrin:

3. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Were both these cars end-of-4Q rush jobs from Fremont?

4. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    I have yet to see a decent black Tesla

5. Roland

Roland Member

Pete,

Another great job. You are an artist.

My S still looks great and is easy to hand wash after the work you did to it.

Thanks,

Roland

6. MiloMike

MiloMike Member

At least the first posted black model S in this series was an end of 2014 delivery.