Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P85D Battery Degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 P85D with 39,000 miles. Problem is not how much range I show after charging, rather how many miles until I need to recharge. For example, i charge to 200 miles, (approximately 80%) and recharge at 50 miles. Only problem is, when I am down to 50 miles I have only gone about 100 miles of driving since last the charge and this at an average of 330 wh/mile or less. So by my math that's appx 50 KWH from 200 to 50 miles but only 34 going to the miles and 16.5 KWH un- accounted for.

I charge at home from a 220 outlet, can't remember ever charging to 100% and only have used the Superchargers when I brought the car back from West Palm Beach where I purchased it used from Tesla as a CPO. My prior S85 did not do this with twice the miles. Anyone else experience this?

Been tracking my charges lately. I did try to go up to 100% on mine - and topped out at 238 miles for 98% (I don't think it actually made it to 100%). Fans were running like crazy too which was a first for me. I normally do 80% charging every other day with 193 miles (and car normally is quiet). I calculate me car has retained 95% of it's original charge capacity at about 63K miles on the car.

Reactions: Jashev