Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P90DL for $53K - 44k mileage (found online not mine)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's true if you insist on taking it into the dealership, handing them the fob and saying "I have no idea what's going on, just make it work again" which is what far too many car owners are comfortable doing these days.

If I pay $100k for a car that is new the full expectation is that it will include a warranty and I've already paid for the luxury of being lazy and letting them fix whatever the issue is regardless of the repair bill. Some place high value in this. I grew up wrenching on cars and PCs so I have no problem at all doing the work myself so I'm not willing to pay much more for this luxury.

Like most items I own I'd rather pay less and own whatever issues come up so long as I can verify the item prior to purchase is worth whatever I'm paying based on existing condition. If it's a mess but is $15k less than other examples I've looked at it's up to me to determine if I can fix whatever the issues are for that $15k or less with time factored in. That's a pretty simplified way to look at things.

If you have no problem trouble shooting yourself and are fine with fixing 90% of the problems should they come up then insurance/warranties aren't for you. I gave a great example earlier of something that costs a thousand bucks at the dealership and there are four of them on the car that you can fix yourself with a minimal amount of diagnosis and a few bucks in parts. Two hand tools and an hour of your time later you're down the road with it fixed.

The more common the problem the more likely there's several sources online in the form of conversations or videos that show you how to diagnose & repair yourself. What I've found is that I rarely actually need to use a warranty when I have it and almost prefer doing the work myself to know that it's done right. If it's not done right I have myself to blame whereas if someone else does it I don't know what they did to "fix" the issue. I also know that when I work on my own cars I'm going to own them for many many many years and I treat every single part careful with this in mind. I've seen how they "fix" cars at dealership service sometimes and I'm not overly confident that the repair won't result in larger issues down the road. This happens more often than you think.

Ah. Not everyone has the skills you do. Most of us would break things make the situation worse by trying to fix on our own. I can imagine breaking clips and all sorts of little pieces if I ever decide to get into one of the doors to fix a door handle and make things far worse.

Like I said, no right or wrong way to do this. If you are comfortable fixing things or can tolerate risk, go unprotected.

Plenty of people go unprotected... :rolleyes::p

Reactions: Cowby
This dealer has had some very mixed reviews. I've bought from them in the past and felt they were a good used car dealer. They typically buy from auction and turn the cars around quick for a good price. I bought a 13 Leaf from them 3 years ago and was happy with the purchase. Not sure why they moved but they were formally Anaheim Preowned cars, the name change makes sense they are no longer in Anaheim.

Most complaints people felt they were bait and switch since the car they advertise is often not for sale by the time they get there. They generally sell lower price EV/Hybrids at a price that moves quick. The cars I wanted to see were not available anymore either, however they took me to the back lot where they just unloaded cars they got from auction and prepping to sell since I was serious about buying and ready to purchase. I was able to pick from that inventory and they were priced completely to what I was seeing in their ad's.

Ah but you mistake the desire for straight line acceleration with wanting to fling a two ton car onto a curve. We like the performance version of the car for the sight-line acceleration thrill. We will not be racing the car, tracking it, or flinging it around corners at the edge of tire traction. For our needs, we love the current more comfortable suspension. We also prefer the 19" wheels for the same reason.

They are targeting the market of customers who buy $140K premium cars and I bet many are perfectly happy with the current suspension of the Model S.

Don't they have aftermarket options to "tune" the Model S suspension for those who prefer that?
Here here!!!! Nailed it for me!!

Reactions: Cowby
Picture 16 looks like ludicrous even though it’s almost impossible to read.
Thanks.. Didn't notice that. The price is pretty good then. I emailed the company. Let's see what they say.

Thoughts about getting a Tesla out of warranty??? Is the warranty really needed? I'm reading various reasons on yes and no. Some have issues, some don't. Does Tesla really get to hand pick the good ones then the rest goes to the brokers?

I wonder if this is a bait and switch per a few posts up...
Per carfax its been sitting since Nov 2018.
I've been eyeing the market for about a month. Everything I have pinned are still on the market. Sometimes Tesla removes them and puts them back up; with price changes throughout the week. Goes up, goes down, goes up. I notice Tuesdays seem to have the lowest prices. I know there should be a bunch of 2016 leases flooding the market any day now. So keeping my fingers crossed in getting a deal soon

I literally almost bought that car in Pomona CA, had check and starting signing until they failed to mention this car has frame damage (structural damage). They told me if a car at auction has a minor dent, that’s considered structural damage. They kept telling me it’s clean title and super clean car fax. They wanted me to sign a disclosure that said it had “structural damage”. I refused and started going research as they scrambled. Turns out, if I bought the car with “clean carfax, no structural damage”, they would of updated the carfax AFTER I bought the car and brought down the value of car. They are a bunch of liars. All of a sudden, they bring the auction report and the whole front end was torn to pieces. Ok? Minor dent? They lied and I’m so glad I refused to sign. They are going to do the same thing to the next person that’s about to sign for the car.

I literally almost bought that car in Pomona CA, had check and starting signing until they failed to mention this car has frame damage (structural damage). They told me if a car at auction has a minor dent, that’s considered structural damage. They kept telling me it’s clean title and super clean car fax. They wanted me to sign a disclosure that said it had “structural damage”. I refused and started going research as they scrambled. Turns out, if I bought the car with “clean carfax, no structural damage”, they would of updated the carfax AFTER I bought the car and brought down the value of car. They are a bunch of liars. All of a sudden, they bring the auction report and the whole front end was torn to pieces. Ok? Minor dent? They lied and I’m so glad I refused to sign. They are going to do the same thing to the next person that’s about to sign for the car.

Thanks for the update! I was thinking about jumping on a plane to LA! Whew.

No problem. The salesman and the manager lied to my face. While doing research, others have fallen for that. They sign the disclosure and the structure damage gets updated to carfax once you own the car. They went back to dealer and nothing could be done because they signed the disclosure. Just thinking about it pisses me off.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yes, the white one. The auction hasn’t reported the accident yet. Anyone that goes to buy it, they will make you sign a structural damage disclaimer. Someone who doesn’t care about structural damage will obviously buy the car. Anyone that goes to see the car, say that you know it’s been in an accident and you want to see the auction report. You will see the front left was torn to pieces from an accident. Once you buy the car, I guarantee they will update the carfax to cover their ass. They will have a signed structural damage disclosure and they will be protected. Trust me, if it wasn’t for that, it be in my garage right now. You guys are free to buy the car, I just did my part warning you guys as they lied to my face that it’s never been in an accident ever and that the “structural damage” was a small hit that they “have” to disclose. Long story short, it’s been in a major accident. From what the research I did, structural damage is one step below salvage.