Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Employee Appreciation Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

omarsultan

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern California
Tesla Fans:

As the Tesla factory heads into crunch-time for the end of the year, I thought it would be cool to do another employee appreciation event this year, as last year’s banner and pizza event went so well--our Tesla contacts said our efforts were very much appreciated.

After talking with the Tesla folks we worked with last year, and discussing what worked and what we might approach differently, we are making a couple of changes to simply logistics and make it easier for more owners/fans to participate.

This year, we will be creating a video highlight reel with “thank yous” from owners or wannabe owners. Telsa will set up video kiosks around the factory which will then loop the video. Along with this, Tesla will also distribute “thank you” holiday cookies on behalf of owners. Finally, there will also be event at the factory in Fremont where employees can hear directly from owners—still working on the details for that, so stay tuned.

You can participate in two ways:
1) Send me a picture of you standing by your Tesla holding a sign with your message—something like this:
iStock_000017850964_Small.jpg

2) Send me a short Vine-style video clip (about 6 sec) with your thank you message

Notes:
1) Please shoot pics and video in landscape mode and at max resolution
2) You will need to sign a release for your pic/video—submissions will become property of Tesla
3) Feel free to be creative and fun with with your pic/video, but please keep it PG-rated and if you have an axe to grind with Elon and company, this is not the place to do it

If you want to participate, please PM me and I’ll provide further details.

Tesla Fans:

As the Tesla factory heads into crunch-time for the end of the year, I thought it would be cool to do another employee appreciation event this year, as last year’s banner and pizza event went so well--our Tesla contacts said our efforts were very much appreciated.

Thanks for taking this on! I imagine it's going to be quite a bit of work for you. Thank you!

I had raised the possibility of a group of us in our region doing something collectively. One thought was that we provide one of our videos that shows a multitude of cars with a Calgary backdrop and maybe add a scene with a list of owners who want to thank the employees. Possibly this could be a picture of the same but with a sign edited in. I guess I'm assuming that this would be more efficient than if a bunch of us did them individually; however, if this seems too much I can back away from the idea.

Hey folks - have a couple of updates:

The Tesla folks got back to me and have picked Friday, December 11th. I think this is helpful for folks that wanted to do a local event in concert with the Fremont event. A couple of notes:
1) Please send me a pic or video by December 7th
2) If you want to participate in the Fremont event, let me know when you send me a pic/video
3) If you are organizing a event at your local SvC, let me know and I will get you local contact you can coordinate with.

One more thing, if you don't have time to source a big piece of paper/cardboard, just put your message in the cover email with the pic/video and I will add it as an overlay to the pic.

Send your pic/video to me via PM.

If you have any questions/comments, please post them on this thread.

Regards,

O

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for taking this on! I imagine it's going to be quite a bit of work for you. Thank you!

You started something cool last year, just wanted to keep it going. :)

O

Have more details on the Fremont event--we will be handing out holiday cooked to factory workers during their lunchtime break next Friday. If you want to participate, PM me. The "price" of participation is submitting a pic/video/message for the employee video.

I'd love to, but flying out to CA by lunch time tomorrow isn't in the cards. Unless of course Tesla wants to hand me my X while I'm there, in which case I'll find a way :)

Thanks for putting the party and video etc together this year.