Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S P100DL-Deep Sea Blue/Ultra White - Fully Loaded - $104,999

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they had stopped making the ventilated seats in late Fall 2016, due to problems with durability. Apparently, they have reintroduced them in the newer models.
FWIW, my Dec '17 P100D has "first gen ventilated" (black) seats and I almost never use them. Unless you're sweating, they don't provide any value. When you are sweating, they provide some value but they do have a (motor?) noise when running.

GL with the sale, OP! Nice rig.

FWIW, my Dec '17 P100D has "first gen ventilated" (black) seats and I almost never use them. Unless you're sweating, they don't provide any value. When you are sweating, they provide some value but they do have a (motor?) noise when running.

I have first gen ventilated seats in my X and we love them in Florida, we don’t have them in our S. The ventilation seats without question work better than not having ventilation at all. Could they work better? Anything has room for improvement. I’d gladly switch out our non ventilation seats in our S with a ventilated set if offered. As far as durability the leather on our seats still looks like it did when new, although we are very gentle with all of our cars and have zero marks anywhere so we may not be the best judge of durability.

You tend to sweat a lot in Southern California in the summertime, much the same way a chicken sweats on a rotisserie.

My Benz has the most noisy, nonfunctional vented seats ever designed, but even that 1 % of bonus cooling power in my black car on a 110 degree day is a gift.