Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email torkliftcentral. I'm confident they'll be making a compatible version.

I found a thread in the X forums and asked there. I will try emailing directly as well.

I emailed torkliftcentral. They wrote back pretty quickly:
The Law has worked on all of the Tesla Model S's that we have tested to this point. We are hopeful that it will continue to work on the new models that have not come out yet. I can't guarantee the fit until we have tested it on the newest models but please check back with us when you get your new Tesla.

No definitive answer yet. :(

Exactly. I am one of the old Model S owners. Delivery date Feb 2016. Haha. I am still fortunate to even own a Tesla Model S. Would I have liked the refresh? Hell yes, but I am still in a very elite group of Car owners and I love my car.

Knowing that this is Butterfly's second Tesla makes her that much more deserving of getting the upgraded features.
Thanks, it's not like I haven't been on the other end...ordered my first one in March 2013, took delivery in May 2013 - then shortly after they introduced folding mirrors and parking sensors. Then TACC. Then...auto pilot. Was I envious? Of course! Did I love my Tesla less, NO! It was and still is an incredible machine and I drove it with joy every single day for nearly 3 years, and now her new owners are enjoying her just as much. Was I happy for those back then who (maybe) unwittingly ordered at just the "right" time and got a "bonus"? YES! I got what I ordered when I ordered it, why would I hate on anyone? And as Tesla owners, we are all fortunate.

Anyhoo, moving on...

Thanks, it's not like I haven't been on the other end...ordered my first one in March 2013, took delivery in May 2013 - then shortly after they introduced folding mirrors and parking sensors. Then TACC. Then...auto pilot. Was I envious? Of course! Did I love my Tesla less, NO! It was and still is an incredible machine and I drove it with joy every single day for nearly 3 years, and now her new owners are enjoying her just as much. Was I happy for those back then who (maybe) unwittingly ordered at just the "right" time and got a "bonus"? YES! I got what I ordered when I ordered it, why would I hate on anyone? And as Tesla owners, we are all fortunate.

Anyhoo, moving on...

Awesome for you that you'll be on the bleeding edge of these new features/upgrades! I'm one to always want the latest and wouldn't be happy with pulling the trigger just before a significant change, and am willing to wait. Others won't want to wait and want to be driving it right now and "why would you give up any time behind the wheel for X, Y, Z?" Different strokes as they say.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Took delivery of my Model S a few days ago (03/31) so a little disappointing that the new look and HEPA now available and I missed out on this - particularly because I had delivery set for mid-end of April and the Tesla rep talked me into taking it early... I don't know if this was intentional to move the old parts or if just to help with their end of quarter sales targets.

I do love my new car but timing here could not have been worse.. I've reached out to see if any exchange option but so far I'm getting the run around. Considering the 90 day happiness guarantee but I read they may block you from ordering new Tesla if you avail of this - does anyone know if this is the case or any other options to exchange a few days after delivery?

thanks!

Took delivery of my Model S a few days ago (03/31) so a little disappointing that the new look and HEPA now available and I missed out on this - particularly because I had delivery set for mid-end of April and the Tesla rep talked me into taking it early... I don't know if this was intentional to move the old parts or if just to help with their end of quarter sales targets.

I do love my new car but timing here could not have been worse.. I've reached out to see if any exchange option but so far I'm getting the run around. Considering the 90 day happiness guarantee but I read they may block you from ordering new Tesla if you avail of this - does anyone know if this is the case or any other options to exchange a few days after delivery?

thanks!
Focus on the "I love my new car" and you'll be happier. Every Tesla owner could tell this story if he wanted to (I could have had parking sensors and auto folding side mirrors if only I had waited another month when I ordered in 2013). That's the price you pay for wanting a car that is continually being improved. Keep wanting the next great thing and you'll never get to drive one.

This is an all looks no substance facelift. Looks nice, yes!

Are we really getting excited about a new shape of the single piece plastic front bumper and lights that are arguably nicer looking, but simpler and cheaper to make than the previous version, and a storage bin?

Only to a degree. Progress Tesla style is different.

thanks!

If you leased, perhaps they would waive the "waiting period" if you evoked the happiness guarantee? They also allow a "trade-up", right? If you want a more expensive car they will usually allow, if I read it correctly?

From Tesla Leasing (bold added by me):

"Every lease comes with Tesla's Happiness Guarantee. If you don't like your car for any reason within the first 90 days, you can return it and your remaining lease obligation is waived. While you cannot immediately lease another Model S, you can upgrade to a higher optioned Model S for a fee to cover the new vs used value difference. Contact Us for more information."

A lot of "outs" there if you ask me...

If you say "I love the car and would have been cool to get that stuff but no big deal" I say keep it.
If it's going to gnaw at you, I say turn it in.

What's the big deal about this 'refresh'? They make the nose more conservative, and change a couple of things? Who cares. Wait till Fall and get something else. Wait till next year and get something else.

Personally I generally skip every other generation.