Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow......
I think maybe I'm using this in some way other than how others are interpreting? My father just used to tell me that I was just lucky that things work out for me, because it certainly isn't through any of my own doing...that's what I mean here. It is definitely not a positive reflection on me whatsoever, just calling out that luck saves me from myself sometimes. I'm really not sure why this seems to be offensive to some?

I think maybe I'm using this in some way other than how others are interpreting? My father just used to tell me that I was just lucky that things work out for me, because it certainly isn't through any of my own doing...that's what I mean here. It is definitely not a positive reflection on me whatsoever, just calling out that luck saves me from myself sometimes. I'm really not sure why this seems to be offensive to some?

Nope. I understood what you meant just fine. You are excited as you should be. Don't apologize to these people who harass you.

Yup, taken in Munich. Real.

EDIT:

Here it is on its journey there, just having left the Berlin SC:

models-facelift.jpg

Photo credit: Jörg Hoffmann

So much for someone saying the new LED headlights don't look cool when parked ;)

The new front end almost looks like it was made for a Euro plate. Don't think the US plates will look as stylish, thankfully in AZ we don't have to have one!

you're right... i probably inferred too much. i'm sorry.

have a great day :)

Reactions: Btrflyl8e

Yeah, don't apologize. You have every right to be excited just like every "old" Model S owner has every right to be upset. You aren't insisting that they be happy for you, so why should you be asked to feel sorry for them?

Further, I prefer the "old" Model S owners who have a different philosophy on the matter altogether. They realize that, without their investment, Tesla wouldn't be where it is today. It's a team effort here, and plenty of classic S owners realize this. Many early adopters are excited for the new tech and like to see positive change happening that they were tangibly part of. For the good of mankind. And stuff.

Yeah, don't apologize. You have every right to be excited just like every "old" Model S owner has every right to be upset. You aren't insisting that they be happy for you, so why should you be asked to feel sorry for them?

Further, I prefer the "old" Model S owners who have a different philosophy on the matter altogether. They realize that, without their investment, Tesla wouldn't be where it is today. It's a team effort here, and plenty of classic S owners realize this. Many early adopters are excited for the new tech and like to see positive change happening that they were tangibly part of. For the good of mankind. And stuff.

Exactly. I am one of the old Model S owners. Delivery date Feb 2016. Haha. I am still fortunate to even own a Tesla Model S. Would I have liked the refresh? Hell yes, but I am still in a very elite group of Car owners and I love my car.

Knowing that this is Butterfly's second Tesla makes her that much more deserving of getting the upgraded features.

Reactions: MSullivan
I believe you said previously "I've said for months that..." and now you're gloating about it. There were people that said Model S would have a dual motor offering for 3 years. No point in gloating about being early to call what would come at some point.

Apologies, wasn't intended to gloat - it's just that often "rumors" and "speculation" gets shot down around here as baseless - maybe often they are, but we have to remember that sometimes they are not.

• Helpful
Reactions: brianman