Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
email from tesla this morning:

At Tesla, we are relentlessly committed to making product improvements. Model S and Model X are unique in how much they get better over time, even after you buy them.

In this spirit, the Model S nose and headlights have been changed to be similar to the Model X. Because you have already placed your order, these will be applied to your Model S at no additional cost to you.

Your Model S delivery is on track and will not be impacted by these updates. Welcome to Model S – we know you're going to love it.

As of right now I doubt it. Probably upped the Model X just to keep Power to weight the same.

Increasing kWh isn't that easy, you can't just throw in a few more cells. If they wanted a bigger battery, they would need to add a whole module, which would make three different packs. Thats not cost effective at all.

I guess they are going for a 16 module 100kWh pack and a 12 Module 75kWh pack, or a 14 module 78 kWh, called 75, and stay with the 90kWh as the biggest pack option, or the 75kWh pack is a scam and its more like 85kWh... But the chance of having 3 different packs, with one of them being very close to another doesn't make sense to me.

email from tesla this morning:

At Tesla, we are relentlessly committed to making product improvements. Model S and Model X are unique in how much they get better over time, even after you buy them.

In this spirit, the Model S nose and headlights have been changed to be similar to the Model X. Because you have already placed your order, these will be applied to your Model S at no additional cost to you.

Your Model S delivery is on track and will not be impacted by these updates. Welcome to Model S – we know you're going to love it.

What was your confirmation date and is your model s in production q?

Wifey likes to put her purse in my center console open space as well, and they do cost much more than that center console--happy wife....

I really hope I can retrofit those LED headlights! My car is black, so my classic nosecone sort of blends in nicely anyway...

I'm really curious if you can do a straight swap with someone who has the old console.

Reactions: Model S M.D.
Just received this email....
Screenshot%202016-04-12%2012.01.27.png

No price change then? Did you have the premium interior option? I wonder if I will get the same email. I have the premium interior option. but trying to figure out if I will be charged the $1500.

So I am supposed to pick up my "Classic" new model S tomorrow. Should I cancel, lose my $2,500 deposit, $1,200 referral fee,and &1,500 lower price and re-order so I can get the new front end and color keyed (instead of black) side molding? Personally I expects more changes.