Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X P90D with MCU1 and autopilot 1.0. Is a Dashcam possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have a 2016 Model X P90D with MCU1 and autopilot 1.0. I really like the integrated dashcam on my model 3 and I want to get something similar for my MX. If I upgrade to MCU2, is there a way to get a front facing dashcam through Tesla? Or should I look at aftermarket options for dashcams? Thank you

Hi. I have a 2016 Model X P90D with MCU1 and autopilot 1.0. I really like the integrated dashcam on my model 3 and I want to get something similar for my MX. If I upgrade to MCU2, is there a way to get a front facing dashcam through Tesla? Or should I look at aftermarket options for dashcams? Thank you
I have the same model and consider to get for a 4-ch WebCam, retrofit the indicator cameras of the mudguards, and try to connect them to the dashcam

Upvote 0
We have a 2016 model X 90D (MCU1, AP1) in the family that I help with service, etc. App never showed any available upgrade to MCU2. Tbh I wasn't really paying much attention and assumed they would have offered any hw upgrades whenever we have done service. But no one mentioned anything in all these years, today I just happened to ask the tech and after considerable time looking it over with another senior tech, they tell me that yes it's eligible for the MCU2 upgrade! I wish we had gotten this years ago when it was available. Anyway they also tell me that it comes with dashcam support, but I'm not so sure after reading the posts here. Either way I think it's a worthwhile upgrade, the dashcam support would be really nice if it's included.

Upvote 0