Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lunitiks

Where is the misunderstanding?

On AP1 there is one sensor with multiple visible sensor cut-outs and on AP2 there is one sensor with less cut-outs:

Left AP1, right AP2:

sensor.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
Oh I thought you were referring to the other black dots (on the opposite side of the camera) as you wrote cutouts

I don't know what they are. They may well be what you say.

I also think the grille at the bottom may be where the humidity sensor is wired to (Audi wires theirs there), but I'm not sure. Could be integrated into the sensor as in the images - but it has a connector, so could not...

BTW I'm not entirely convinced about the "cost saving" argument...

Tesla has in fact replaced the Hella sensor with a custom built, in-house PCB ("HVAC Sensor") that probably took quite some effort to make

They probably felt they needed just a couple of sensors, instead of a larger suite. I'm guessing this is one area where the Model 3 effort and the volume savings idea are enroaching on Model S/X. :)

Not so fast. I am sure there is always anpther edge case or so to complain

Here you go. This just affects that edge case of complainers that want to drive their cars 1) at night, 2) in the rain, and 3) without oncoming traffic.

Auto wipers feedback - seem to work well in daylight, but they are pretty terrible at night, out of urban/lit up areas. Mine would only really work once another car drove past and illuminated the windscreen at night.Hopefully this can be improved upon.

Just got it an hour ago... Anyone have the issue while the car had the update and waiting for you to tap on it to install it, the charger was charging?! I have it set to 80%, and it cycles back and forth between 77% and 80%. While it was waiting for me to notice that my phone had the notification on it (an hour or so), it went up to 86%. Truly WTF.....

Just got it an hour ago... Anyone have the issue while the car had the update and waiting for you to tap on it to install it, the charger was charging?! I have it set to 80%, and it cycles back and forth between 77% and 80%. While it was waiting for me to notice that my phone had the notification on it (an hour or so), it went up to 86%. Truly WTF.....
Yes, I had a rather odd experience.
It said something like…starting software update for quite a while as I was sitting in the driver seat, All operations I n the car seemed unchanged - audio system still playing music etc. Then, the very moment that I exited the car and closed the door, the screen went black and the whole process started.
It was like it was waiting for me to exit the car before it was going to start.

Yes, I had a rather odd experience.
It said something like…starting software update for quite a while as I was sitting in the driver seat, All operations I n the car seemed unchanged - audio system still playing music etc. Then, the very moment that I exited the car and closed the door, the screen went black and the whole process started.
It was like it was waiting for me to exit the car before it was going to start.
Hm.... I always tap on it, hit install, and run far enough away that the fob (or my phone, don't want BT waking it up either) can't do anything. :)

Very weird...

Seriously, they may have taken steps to not want people messing about during updates!

Reactions: scottf200
I'm hoping... I added to Upgrade Tracker (manually) but it doesn't show up yet... Have to wait for @HankLloydRight to wake from his slumber :rolleyes:
BlueRocket, I do not understand the name that you gave the 2017.50.3 release, "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone".

One swipe of the wiper and the rain is back on the windshield. If Elon makes the rain go away with the Auto-sensing Wiper code, this a a great new feature. :)

BTW I'm not entirely convinced about the "cost saving" argument...

Tesla has in fact replaced the Hella sensor with a custom built, in-house PCB ("HVAC Sensor") that probably took quite some effort to make

So, figure $10 a car saved( $5 sensor, $5 labor) , and what did it cost to develop let's call it 1M even between, development, (some form of QA), etc. So 1M cars to break even?

Full disclosure, I pulled all those numbers completely out of my back side pocket.