Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Could you let us know which module was replaced once you get your invoice if you do not know already. Curious, why did they need to replace hardware (module) if the map data was incomplete or corrupt. You would think they would simply re-download the map data.
I think it was a GPS module.
I will ask.
Nothing has been done yet. They do not have the module in stock. Said something about getting one on order and limited availability. Also mentioned consulting engineers to see if pushing a firmware update to my vehicle remotely would help... I was told I would receive a call this afternoon with more info.
I will provide updates as I learn more.

I think it was a GPS module.
I will ask.
Nothing has been done yet. They do not have the module in stock. Said something about getting one on order and limited availability. Also mentioned consulting engineers to see if pushing a firmware update to my vehicle remotely would help... I was told I would receive a call this afternoon with more info.
I will provide updates as I learn more.
Ok,
Just got off the phone with Tesla.
They ordered the part (driver assistance module) whatever that is.

We have moisture falling from the sky!!!! :confused: Yes, I had to Google what it was. :D

During my evening commute on Friday there was a light mist falling which, barely, gave me the opportunity to test the auto wiper feature added in the 50.3 update. Considering the very light rain/mist and the abundance of street lights I think that the auto wipers worked well.

We had actual rain on my commute in this morning. Again, I had the wiper set at 1. Initially, there would be the occasional wipe or two then as my speed increased to 45-50 the wipers went into a continuous wiping mode. Once I slowed down the wipers decreased their wiping speed until they returned to the occasional wipe as needed when I was stopped.

It was mentioned previously that some cars seemed to hug the left lane divider vs. being more centered in the lane following the update to 50.3 I have noticed that the display occasionally shows my car closer to the left side even though I'm driving in what appears to be the center of the lane (not EAP enabled).

I'm a bit late to the party seeing that there are already two other video demonstrations posted but I put one together as well for those who are interested. I show the software options and try a few different tests with a hose. Enjoy!

I woke up with the update available on my X 75D, took just under 45 minutes to install.
GREAT video!
Thanks!

From a programmers perspective the difference between an Alpha and Beta is that an Alpha is tested internally, a Beta is tested externally. Therefore any releases we see will always be at least Beta releases.

Traditionally, beta went out to external users, with their permission, with an NDA, and with a system in place for them to report bugs as well as an expectation that they would perform specific tests or at least enough general use and trying of different options to see if bugs showed up. A release that went out to all users whether they asked for it or not was called a production release. Even though this does have to be enabled by the user, so do many production features. By definition, this isn't beta; it's just flaky. It's what some companies would have labeled experimental or labs, but those imply that it might not stick around though. A better word is needed because it's not beta.

The first version of auto wipers for HW1 was erratic but wasn't called beta. The current version of auto wipers in HW1 works far better than what's in the 2018 BMW that Tesla gave me as a loaner while my car is in for annual service. Auto wipers on the Model 3, from what I've seen so far, might not be as good as the initial HW1 release. I used it at night, my wife used it during the day, and we each had a different experience.

Tesla is being more cautious with features that will improve over time. The first TACC in HW1 was alpha quality yet wasn't called alpha or beta. Autosteer in HW1 has always been called beta, but it works as designed. TACC in HW2.x is far better than the first production TACC in HW1, and might even be as good as the current HW1, but it's still called beta. Autosteer isn't perfect so I can see why Tesla wants to give it some label, but "preliminary" is the best word I can think of, and nobody wants to use that.

Reactions: BigD0g
Moderator note: Moved 6 posts on the, um, topic of MobilEye being replaced by an Indian call center to Snippiness.

What's next? Moving comments of support for, or agreement with, a post because they contribute no information? Are we trying to sanitize threads from anything but dry information?

Bruce, are you a Vulcan?

[Expecting this post to be moved to snippiness]

What's next? Moving comments of support for, or agreement with, a post because they contribute no information? Are we trying to sanitize threads from anything but dry information?

Bruce, are you a Vulcan?

[Expecting this post to be moved to snippiness]

Am I the only one who saw that line of discussion as thinly veiled racism? I don't think the moderator deserves to be criticized for the action.

No, you're not. It might not be intentional, but it definitely comes across that way.

That’s a stretch for sure, unless you consider Vulcan to be real. Insane how sensitive people have become!

The crazy part is, and ironically, it actually shows racism on your part as a form of unspoken and unintentional projection. None of us were thinking the post had anything to do with race, but the unprompted thought that this was somehow related to race is actually a form of projecting.

I don’t want to get in trouble for giving a detailed examples to support my argument, but if you think about it you will see that I am right.

Reactions: Carl
That’s a stretch for sure, unless you consider Vulcan to be real. Insane how sensitive people have become!

The crazy part is, and ironically, it actually shows racism on your part as a form of unspoken and unintentional projection. None of us were thinking the post had anything to do with race, but the unprompted thought that this was somehow related to race is actually a form of projecting.

I don’t want to get in trouble for giving a detailed examples to support my argument, but if you think about it you will see that I am right.

I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I was saying that the posts that were moved (Indian call center, vindaloo comment, etc) were not appropriate. Not the Vulcan reference in the comment questioning the decision.

Am I the only one who saw that line of discussion as thinly veiled racism? I don't think the moderator deserves to be criticized for the action.

Yes. Because you are projecting your own internal views of negative or positive attributes based solely on race.

Example:

Me: That purple guy just got in a car accident.
You: You are being a colorist.
Me: Huh?
You: You are saying that purple people are bad drivers.
Me: No, apparently that feeling is a product of your own subconscious colorist views.

I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I was saying that the posts that were moved (Indian call center, vindaloo comment, etc) were not appropriate. Not the Vulcan reference in the comment questioning the decision.
Thanks for beating me up to this, as I was scratching my head regarding Vulcan. Correct, it was related to the posts which were already moved :)