Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no sources that indicates they only sell longer range battery version or that they skipped the $35K version.

If it is true then EM is somewhat of a con-artist or not a straight talker. also, you can be his messenger. haha

He made countless promises that he couldnt kept. things like driving demonstration from LA to NY hands-free, delay on model 3 production in a few occasions, delay on semi event.

Then you are ignorant of the current situation.

What's more, it being true has nothing to do with con-artistry, but you'd know that if you had bothered to educate yourself about the planned rollout cadence...

I see no sources that indicates they only sell longer range battery version or that they skipped the $35K version.

If it is true then EM is somewhat of a con-artist or not a straight talker. also, you can be his messenger. haha

He made countless promises that he couldnt kept. things like driving demonstration from LA to NY hands-free, delay on model 3 production in a few occasions, delay on semi event.

My worst fear in 40 years of teaching was that I would be boring.

Not all Germans are alike, of course, but remember that the first stamping press at Fremont was a used German one (I guess) but the installers were from Germany and elected to stay and work for Tesla. Given a choice I prefer to live in Sacramento, midway between GF1 and Bay Area. Paradise. But then, we are right after New Orleans in flood threat and live right next to a levee. I used to cross the American River to my classes, but now an "extinguished professor," have to use the bridge.

Not directed to you, you’re just the lucky recipient of the quote function: I’m bored with all this talk Germans won’t this, Americans won’t that. People definitely have tendencies within their various ‘groups’. Define ‘group’ however you want, doesn’t matter.

However, not everyone fits the mold of the ‘group’. It is those individuals who will work at Tesla AND be happy. The ones who don’t have children or aren’t married or who have small families or don’t have families at all or don’t have family passion or whose families support them no matter what. The ones who actually like to work hard by being challenged and don’t mind focusing their effort on work but thrive on it, etc., etc.

You don’t like the heat, you leave the kitchen. No biggie. Someone else will take your place because you are replaceable.

So yeah, all this sarcastic, passive aggressive, innuendo, blah, blah, blah about what Germans or Americans or people with families etc... will or will not do is fill on bull poo. You aren’t fooling anyone with half a brain with your ridiculous, the-sky-is-falling nattering. For those missing had a brain, I can’t help you. That’s not my area of expertise.

OMG. You need to stop typing. Your head is now below ground level. It’s well known that Tesla is currently only offering the longer range battery option on the M3. Base price is $44k. Let me do the math for you, that means the long range battery is currently offered for an additional $9k. How much does Tesla lose per car now?!?! Don’t answer please, I’ve given myself a concussion from slapping my forehead frequently this fine Sunday morning. It’s like playing football without a helmet. Who knew people could make this kind of stuff up?!

Not directed to you, you’re just the lucky recipient of the quote function: I’m bored with all this talk Germans won’t this, Americans won’t that. People definitely have tendencies within their various ‘groups’. Define ‘group’ however you want, doesn’t matter.

However, not everyone fits the mold of the ‘group’. It is those individuals who will work at Tesla AND be happy. The ones who don’t have children or aren’t married or who have small families or don’t have families at all or don’t have family passion or whose families support them no matter what. The ones who actually like to work hard by being challenged and don’t mind focusing their effort on work but thrive on it, etc., etc.

You don’t like the heat, you leave the kitchen. No biggie. Someone else will take your place because you are replaceable.

So yeah, all this sarcastic, passive aggressive, innuendo, blah, blah, blah about what Germans or Americans or people with families etc... will or will not do is fill on bull poo. You aren’t fooling anyone with half a brain with your ridiculous, the-sky-is-falling nattering. For those missing had a brain, I can’t help you. That’s not my area of expertise.

What you say about Tesla's happy campers helps to explain why early on the company liked to hire veterans. If you survive our military service these days you are much, much more likely to tolerate more stress and effort than the unwashed masses like myself. My stress has always been self-induced as opposed to the external sources.

Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
Then you are ignorant of the current situation.

What's more, it being true has nothing to do with con-artistry, but you'd know that if you had bothered to educate yourself about the planned rollout cadence...

Far from being ignorant of the current situation, I pulled out right before the stock took a dump. The stock was falling right before the ER released so I smelled manipulation or something fishy going on. Like I said, I will reinvest in TSLA once EM/Tesla releases IRON CLAD DATA THAT model 3 production is fixed and start running..

The more he deceives the public or not fulfilling his promise, the harder the stock will fall.

Use your mind to think independently. dont join the sheep herds and fall off the cliff together.. lol

OMG. You need to stop typing. Your head is now below ground level. It’s well known that Tesla is currently only offering the longer range battery option on the M3. Base price is $44k. Let me do the math for you, that means the long range battery is currently offered for an additional $9k. How much does Tesla lose per car now?!?! Don’t answer please, I’ve given myself a concussion from slapping my forehead frequently this fine Sunday morning. It’s like playing football without a helmet. Who knew people could make this kind of stuff up?!

Then it is called bait and switch. He announced to the whole world during the M3 event that the base model cost 35K, BUT then you saying Tesla decides not to produce the base model. EM shouldnt be announcing it in the first place if Tesla doesnt plan on producing it.

It is the same thing as walking in to the pizza joint to buy a slice of pizza, but the staff tells you "you cannot buy a slice unless you buy fries and drink with it." yea ok...

In my previous post, I have already said only way Tesla doesn't lose money on M3 is if customers buy the extra features and options.

China just built a 250-acre solar farm shaped like a giant panda

panda-green-energy-889x500.jpg

I needed to see this today. It is so uplifting to see China having fun with its transition to Renewable Energy, and they are sending a message to world with it. After spending too much time this morning thinking about the US/Saudi campaign over the last 30 years to conquer every nation standing in their way to build a pipeline from the Europe to India and pay for it with the Aramco IPO, I might have preferred that China designed the giant Panda to be giving the Google Earth satellites the finger.

Why does the US really fear China? Because while we have spent trillions of dollars expanding a campaign over 3 decades that has cost millions of lives and completely disrupted the Middle East and now Europe for fossil fuel interests, China has quietly reinvested a similar amount of money into a massive transition to renewable energy without 'Pottery Barn' foreign obligations. And the US citizens shopping at Walmart paid for it. What an irony!!!! While our US Government has been passing legislation to protect our Billionaire-class since the first Gulf-War, the Walton Family of Walmart was unknowingly funding the World's largest movement away from fossil fuels in China and starting a Renewable Energy Revolution. I love it!

What a train-wreck. And it keeps getting worse. Now after 30+ years of failed foreign policy led by our fossil fuel-hungry interests, our government is actually discussing the need to implement an import tariff on Chinese solar panels to help justify our horrific investments and stranded assets. All this as the rest of the world is following China's lead with a transition to renewables....Ha! Good luck getting every country from Europe to India to stop buying cheaper Chinese solar panels in an effort to financially justify the decades-long Aramco plan. No wonder the Panda is smiling.

Chinese aren't ingenious innovative people. All they are doing here are taking Western technologies to build their country to the best way possible. They are clever but not smart.

The reason this country couldn't get things done is we have a two or more political party system. For example , anyone with logical sense knows Obamacare is crap but the 50% of people in this country and democrat politicians are still trying to defend it.
On the other hand, China is a one party system which the top guy makes all the decisions.

China just built a 250-acre solar farm shaped like a giant panda

panda-green-energy-889x500.jpg

I needed to see this today. It is so uplifting to see China having fun with its transition to Renewable Energy, and they are sending a message to world with it. After spending too much time this morning thinking about the US/Saudi campaign over the last 30 years to conquer every nation standing in their way to build a pipeline from the Europe to India and pay for it with the Aramco IPO, I might have preferred that China designed the giant Panda to be giving the Google Earth satellites the finger.

Why does the US really fear China? Because while we have spent trillions of dollars expanding a campaign over 3 decades that has cost millions of lives and completely disrupted the Middle East and now Europe for fossil fuel interests, China has quietly reinvested a similar amount of money into a massive transition to renewable energy without 'Pottery Barn' foreign obligations. And the US citizens shopping at Walmart paid for it. What an irony!!!! While our US Government has been passing legislation to protect our Billionaire-class since the first Gulf-War, the Walton Family of Walmart was unknowingly funding the World's largest movement away from fossil fuels in China and starting a Renewable Energy Revolution. I love it!

What a train-wreck. And it keeps getting worse. Now after 30+ years of failed foreign policy led by our fossil fuel-hungry interests, our government is actually discussing the need to implement an import tariff on Chinese solar panels to help justify our horrific investments and stranded assets. All this as the rest of the world is following China's lead with a transition to renewables....Ha! Good luck getting every country from Europe to India to stop buying cheaper Chinese solar panels in an effort to financially justify the decades-long Aramco plan. No wonder the Panda is smiling.

What helps is that China has no relevant oil resources, the problem in the U.S are groups that profit massive form fossil fuels and they have shown their ability to influence political circles, in the case of the fossil fuel industry of courses the republicans. It's no incident that the global warmists tend to be liberals and the deniers conservative and of course you have some libertarians who denied global warming because it would undermine their ideology (that the free market makes no mistakes and must not be touched).

How much of this is self full-filling? Anyone think that the subcontractor of the pack manufacturing line read all the FUD and assumed they would never have to produce a line that met up to Tesla's expectations?

Not a chance. That sub's reputation is trashed for future clients. Not by Tesla, mind you. Any potential clients of that sub will know what happened. Word gets around.

Chinese aren't ingenious innovative people. All they are doing here are taking Western technologies to build their country to the best way possible. They are clever but not smart.

The reason this country couldn't get things done is we have a two or more political party system. For example , anyone with logical sense knows Obamacare is crap but the 50% of people in this country and democrat politicians are still trying to defend it.
On the other hand, China is a one party system which the top guy makes all the decisions.

So in addition to likely being a paid troll taking money from the same 'manipulative interests' that you claim you can smell, you are also a racist? Spend a little more time looking in the mirror to find ways to make the World a better place instead of on this board............please!

And if you had joined this board more than a couple days before the last ER you would know that some here already see our two party system as two heads of the same snake.............so perhaps not that different than China after all. What is more clearly visible is that the two different snakes (the US and China) are motivated by forces that have a far different focus on energy sources. And the force that is likely paying you to relentlessly troll this board is obviously not a fan of solar panels.

Might be true 10 years ago. But go visit China today and talk to the locals on what they use in their daily lives.

There are definitely things that exists and was invented there first that are not in America.

Far from being ignorant of the current situation, I pulled out right before the stock took a dump. The stock was falling right before the ER released so I smelled manipulation or something fishy going on. Like I said, I will reinvest in TSLA once EM/Tesla releases IRON CLAD DATA THAT model 3 production is fixed and start running..

The more he deceives the public or not fulfilling his promise, the harder the stock will fall.

Use your mind to think independently. dont join the sheep herds and fall off the cliff together.. lol

Clearly you're living in some alternative fact free universe. Everything you've posted about Tesla is wrong. I'm pretty sure the only way you sold out before the ER is because you passed out on your keyboard and inadvertently hit the "sell" button after wracking your brain trying to total up the value of your 2 TSLA shares. You're an idiot. And now you're gone. *poof*

So in addition to likely being a paid troll taking money from the same 'manipulative interests' that you claim you can smell, you are also a racist?

“justin w” is either incredibly ignorant concerning Tesla, or simply incompetent at trying to spread FUD.

Their broken grammar, quoting of poor quality posts from Yahoo!, and apparent lack of knowledge of Model 3 options pricing are all indicators of someone who simply doesn’t know much.

A competent troll will spin the facts to create as much doubt as possible. “justin w’s” information base is so bad that it is bordering on pitiful.

I'm referring to the model/pricing situation you commented on, entertaining as your scathing rebuttal was...

Ugh. Congrats, you've convinced me to drape your posts in an invisibility cloak. My wandering eyes shall never find thee again.

Reactions: scaesare
Then it is called bait and switch. He announced to the whole world during the M3 event that the base model cost 35K, BUT then you saying Tesla decides not to produce the base model. EM shouldnt be announcing it in the first place if Tesla doesnt plan on producing it.

It is the same thing as walking in to the pizza joint to buy a slice of pizza, but the staff tells you "you cannot buy a slice unless you buy fries and drink with it." yea ok...

In my previous post, I have already said only way Tesla doesn't lose money on M3 is if customers buy the extra features and options.
George Carlin had this one correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.