Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If correct, this is good news for continued sales the morning after 1 January 2018.

This timing is perhaps the best of both worlds if the tax credit is retained. We've had the pick up in sales of X and S in the 4th quarter due to individuals anticipating the credit going away in the U.S. on Dec. 31, and we'll have early 2018 pressure to buy, due to the actual expiration of Tesla's tax credits (and the rush to get in before they disappear).

people who believe that everyone short is paid by big oil should be banned.

No one believes everyone short is paid by Big oil.

However, people who push propaganda, peddle the same bogus stories, and appear to have an agenda akin to tobacco science makes one wonder what is their motivation. Why would a human not focus their energy on something that can bring about positive fortuitous results?

I think it is only rational to believe that their is some underlying motivation to the FUDsters. Maybe we are giving them too much credit. I think we are actually viewing them in the best light by suspecting that they are being paid. The only other option would be depressed, emotionally unstable, and/or crazy.

Now I am not speaking of people who are short. I feel for those people, most have lost a lot on TSLA and have fallen victim to the tobacco science of Big oil, the Koch brothers, and anti-ev/Tesla propaganda.

However, people who push propaganda, peddle the same bogus stories, and appear to have an agenda akin to tobacco science makes one wonder what is their motivation. Why would a human not focus their energy on something that can bring about positive fortuitous results?

I think it is only rational to believe that their is some underlying motivation to the FUDsters. Maybe we are giving them too much credit. I think we are actually viewing them in the best light by suspecting that they are being paid. The only other option would be depressed, emotionally unstable, and/or crazy.

Now I am not speaking of people who are short. I feel for those people, most have lost a lot on TSLA and have fallen victim to the tobacco science of Big oil, the Koch brothers, and anti-ev/Tesla propaganda.

Wait, they don't do it from the goodness of their hearts to prevent us from being defrauded by a conman? Color me skeptical.

To add to that, i'm still waiting for a gas station where i can recharge my cell phone and laptop, and absolutely detest getting my energy from the sun, because last time i checked, most of my tech gets slower and more expensive with time. just sayin'

Paid FUDsters should not be able to post at all. Maybe add that to the terms of service for the site when you sign up. If you are paid to come into forums like this a deceive people, then you should be banned. @myusername won't admit if they are paid or not to post here or more specifically to spread FUD regardless of where they do it. I don't believe they can either confirm or deny as there must be sec rules about these types of activities.

@Reciprocity I have no authority to speak for who adds their thoughts here because for all I am, I am nothing here. I have contributed financially to this site, I own an X, I own stock, and I have solar panels, But, I do not own this site, and I am not a moderator. Having gone off the rails a time or two myself I have authorized the moderator to disconnect me if necessary. And users can if they so choose, block me. My ego I am sure would hope that is not the case, but I’ll never know ~ right.

I agree with your thoughts, but as with everything there are always at least two opinions. In the army we used to say “opinions are like buttocks,” everyone has one. No, we did not use the word buttock and as it became politically unacceptable to use the real word, well the quote died away ~ except for me:)

May I suggest improving or combining FUDsters with Radar and then development of your own FUDar. As a soldier I honed my human skills over time and can smell fear, change, hate and a few other things with my radar. The problem is managing the reaction. I had a very, very senior officer berate me because I had not told him I went by my middle name Bruce. Instead of felling insulted or licking my paw due to low self esteem; I perceived it as he did not care enough to find out on his own who and what I was at the time. i got a less than desired report card, but assumed if I was good enough I would be promoted anyway ~ I was. I had a girlfriend, and I was moving away; at a party with a few friends she cut a piece of pie smaller for me and larger for the new kid on the block. I knew it was time to move on ~ no really, move on.

MUN has gained an excessive amount of discussion here. The question really is, does MUN receive monies based on our reply’s and comments? Click bate? He certainly has earned a million or two based on my observations of reply’s and comments by most here including me:) Even if he does not earn money off our reply’s and comments his/her ego does.

Others have clearly warned us to avoid MUN, but just about every month and a half we get into it once again:) Does that mean the end of January or are we not done here:)

Use your FUDar.

Mod: REALLY ENOUGH! -- ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Reciprocity

You leave out one other motivation, to which I am somewhat guilty as well: portfolio envy, which Freud probably anticipated. On the crazy side, think terrorist or terrierist.

No one works this hard if they aren't getting paid.

Honestly, I've spent the same amount of time posting against FUDsters on the WSJ, FoxNews, and other websites. Some of us are very adamant in proving what we believe to be the truth - even if our truth is incorrect. And with that, I can tell you that Tesla has never paid me a dime. Simply, I'm in love with the truth and I try to tell it to people as often as I can. Most of my time posting on those sites is about subsidies and tax credits. I swear to you that 1/3rd of the country believes that all of the EV loans and EV tax credits were created just for Tesla. And the subsidy Tesla got from Nevada was the first and only time a state gave a corporation a subsidy to locate their business there. It's insane. And at least 90% have no idea that Ford got a [12 times bigger] loan under the same program that Tesla got theirs (and Fisker and Nissan too). Being in South Georgia, I hear a ton of people say, "Ford didn't need any govt help." I can't help but say, "Oh really?".

Reactions: UrsS
A19D5E65-0FC3-4330-91FB-F34D3C80E683.png
I’m not sure I would have this guy manage money for me and earn a promote and carry. He’s a clown based on results.

Fascinating new insights from Jim Chanos on Bloomberg Technology:
Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’

Not really "new". He's been spreading essentially these same "insights" for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting companies in situations he better understands.

Not really "new". He's been spreading essentially these same "insights" for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting companies in situations he better understands.
I believe Elon has already given the best answers to all those supposed big guys that will crush Tesla with their pinky fingers:
upload_2017-12-13_14-27-57.png

People who are persistently short (TSLA or others) are sick people, they choose to look at the world from negative lenses, and wish for every possible disaster to happen to others and the world just so that they can make a few bucks. Some people are just naturally evil. Sad part of humankind.

People who are persistently short (TSLA or others) are sick people, they choose to look at the world from negative lenses, and wish for every possible disaster to happen to others and the world just so that they can make a few bucks. Some people are just naturally evil. Sad part of humankind.

Which is why it probably should be illegal, it incentivizes negative behavior. It would be better if people not seeing value in TSLA would invest into competitors like Ford/GM instead of shorting TSLA. And then they can see who is right by who gains more in the next 2 years. My money is on TSLA obviously.

Reactions: Manton
Status
Not open for further replies.