Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0128.JPG
Weekly chart is consolidating nicely in a symmetric triangle with an upside breakout coming maybe as soon as next weekwith the hollow red weekly candle this week which portends an upside big break out

Any discussion or insight on firings on Friday? Was this solar city people still producing in Fremont? Battery production moved to Sparks? Headcount cutting to manage cash flow going forward, or have they implemented some Jack Welch cut the lower percentiles?

OMG, wake me up before you go-go is my thought on the topic. Some people got fired for not being needed, not performing, wanting a union, showing up late, wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants, what have you.

Tesla said they are still hiring. Visit their website if you (general you) don’t believe their public statement.

Non-issue. Business as usual. Not worth discussing. And especially not worth the rampant speculation, handwringing, or hyperventilating going on in other threads.

Hate to correct you but that’s a dragon, not a unicorn. It’s a common mistake. A unicorn’s horn is never below the eye line. Don’t worry, I’ll let you know when it’s a unicorn.

Oh good. I was thinking it was a snake not a dragon.

What is that nursery rime?
Some thing about Snakes in the morning, Annalist take warning.
Dragons at night, shorts delight ?

Been too long. Better go look for the nurse. Need my double martini.

The thread is supposed to be about the trading TSLA (short term prospects for TSLA). I think that it's a hopeless cause, but posting useless wild and irrelevant statements isn't helpful.
i kinda use this thread as a validation, not of my trading (although i went back over 2 years of TSLA and was surprised to find 14 sales and 30 buys, so perhaps i do trade ""a bit"") I mostly try to DCA and accumulate, so when i die/croak/upload into a neural link/transition/whatever my children will inherit all my shares and have even numbers to divvy up (2 kids). I find the thread valuable for both short and much longer term. i have paused DCA'ing a bit, ONLY due to hurricane Irma and unexpected costs from that one.
happy investing

Last edited:

These two data points, do not confirm, but support my view that Model 3 production ramp is about two to three weeks behind "tweet schedule," and they are also in-line with Elon's prediction that "December will be a big month."

If my hypothesis is correct, I would expect additional VINs to emerge by Friday, further acceleration (i.e. dozens) in the last week of October, VIN 1134 to be delivered by mid-November, Tesla to be producing 1,000 Model 3's per week by end-November, and 13,000+ deliveries in December, for a total of 15,000 deliveries in 4Q17.

This hypothesis is the primary reason why I expect TSLA to start rising by the end of October and into year-end.

Last edited:
View attachment 254026 Tesla is forming a flag on monthly chart
from the bottom of the flag to the top of the flag it is 380-180 which is equal to $200. Now add $200 to 355 and you get a price target of $555 over the next several months
All my calculations indicate a PT of $550 over the next 3 to 4 months
Thank you for discussing the market. 3 paged seems like first post about market.

These two data points, do not confirm, but support my view that Model 3 production ramp is about two to three weeks behind "tweet schedule," and they are also in-line with Elon's prediction that "December will be a big month."

If my hypothesis is correct, I would expect additional VINs to emerge by Friday, further acceleration (i.e. dozens) in the last week of October, VIN 1134 to be delivered by mid-November, Tesla to be producing 1,000 Model 3's per week by end-November, and 13,000+ deliveries in December, for a total of 15,000 deliveries in 4Q17.

This hypothesis is the primary reason why I expect TSLA to start rising by the end of October and into year-end.
Doesn’t make sense. If VIN 1134 is delivered by mid-November that means things are AT LEAST 6 weeks behind schedule not 2-3 weeks. Because according to Elon’s prior tweeted schedule you linked to, VIN 1134 should have been delivered by end of Sept.

Doesn’t make sense. If VIN 1134 is delivered by mid-November that means things are AT LEAST 6 weeks behind schedule not 2-3 weeks. Because according to Elon’s prior tweeted schedule you linked to, VIN 1134 should have been delivered by end of Sept.
It should have been built by end of September. I do agree they seem to be more than 2 weeks behind, but 4-6 weeks behind would be about 6-52 weeks earlier than most analysts are estimating.

Status
Not open for further replies.