Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted my observations about my visit to the FDC just ten days ago. There were no double parked 3s, there were far fewer on the “back forty” and there were none on the north side of the facility. This is a significant increase in Nor Cal numbers. It also seems we are seeing signs of a similar increase down south. Is this enough evidence to conclude that the primary bottleneck has been fixed? I don’t think so. But, as several astute observers have posited, it is likely Tesla is resolving many other minor production issues as they work feverishly to resolve the main source of the slow down. And when that happens? Look out!

I'll see you...and raise you

I could write a whole article about it if I wanted to but I strongly believe that 2018 is going to prove for $TSLA what 2017 proved to be for bitcoin

There is likely to be a huge rally in $TSLA shares in 2018 similar to 2017 rally in bitcoins and The melt up could start any given day maybe as soon as tomorrow

Bitcoin is 16-17X what it was at the start of 2017. Tesla doing that in 2018 would put it neck-and-neck with Apple for the world's largest market cap. Would you settle for a Tesla market cap matching Apple's current cash balance, $270 billion, or about $1575 per TSLA share, by the time all the financial media busily trying to trash Tesla and Elon today start explaining to all of us, "Elon is what capitalism is all about... always told you Tesla and Elon are winners!"

Dude, you always get me so excited! And then nothing ever happens...:(
Look at the bitcoin chart. It took several years for the current parabolic pattern to emerge. Similarly, tsla may take its sweet time for the parabolic pattern to develop. It’s not a question of if but when. And every single day brings us another day closer to the inevitable

Reactions: Runarbt
Bitcoin is 16-17X what it was at the start of 2017. Tesla doing that in 2018 would put it neck-and-neck with Apple for the world's largest market cap. Would you settle for a Tesla market cap matching Apple's current cash balance, $270 billion, or about $1575 per TSLA share, by the time all the financial media busily trying to trash Tesla and Elon today start explaining to all of us, "Elon is what capitalism is all about... always told you Tesla and Elon are winners!"
I don’t except tsla to match the ferocity of btc rally . It could However go up 3 to 6 Times current price over the next 1 to 2 years
Just a wild wild guess

Reactions: Runarbt
But why is it going up? Is it all the news about Semi reservations? People seeing more TM3s?

My guess would be the rumor of Model-3 ramping (because of the sightings)
But it is still low volume.

Just imagine what will happen when we see formal confirmation the bottleneck at the GigaFactory is resolved :).

Combination of FOMO and shorts covering I guess.
Maybe some others like Papafox will have data on the short % of action today.

Edit: again a nice day in Norway. Today 78 and counting, 2.077 for Q4 (and counting), will pass Q3 number this week.
Tesla Registration Stats

Last edited:
My guess would be the rumor of Model-3 ramping (because of the sightings)
But it is still low volume.

Just imagine what will happen when we see formal confirmation the bottleneck at the GigaFactory is resolved :).

Combination of FOMO and shorts covering I guess.
Maybe some others like Papafox will have data on the short % of action today.

Edit: again a nice day in Norway. Today 78 and counting, 2.077 for Q4 (and counting).
Tesla Registration Stats

Last night, we saw videos of LOTS of Model 3s posted on this thread. At 7:15am Eastern time, Electrek.co published this story about the huge number of Model 3s spotted at California delivery centers this weekend. I think a big jump in Model 3 sightings is the cause of the rally (with the belief that a major bottleneck in Model 3 production is getting resolved).

Last night, we saw videos of LOTS of Model 3s posted on this thread. At 7:15am Eastern time, Electrek.co published this story about the huge number of Model 3s spotted at California delivery centers this weekend. I think a big jump in Model 3 sightings is the cause of the rally (with the belief that a major bottleneck in Model 3 production is getting resolved).
yes... huge news. 15 minutes worth of GM's deliveries were seen somewhere in a parking lot. that should be worth about $10b in market cap.

yes... huge news. 15 minutes worth of GM's deliveries were seen somewhere in a parking lot. that should be worth about $10b in market cap.

DKBKNhBUMAI-HUB.jpg

But why is it going up? Is it all the news about Semi reservations? People seeing more TM3s?

Similar to what I noted about the trading on Wednesday, we are again seeing buying interest in extended spurts accompanied by volume. This is typically a telltale sign of institutional accumulation of shares. Some well funded entity (or entities) may either know something about the near term, or has become more confident about the long term prospects for Tesla.

Last edited:
As I noted about the trading on Wednesday, we are again seeing buying interest in extended spurts accompanied by volume. This is a typically a telltale sign of institutional accumulation of shares.
Apple or Google buying Tesla and Elon remains on board now that he's proven to succesfully launch an affordable ev?

50 day and 200 day SMA are at 325, 100 day SMA is at 338 imho.

Which ones are considred as important?

A lot of charts show the 50 day moving average and the 200 day moving average. I corrected my original post to say that TSLA was approaching the 50 and the 200 DMAs. Lots of investors expected resistance at 325, so we saw a flurry of selling when we hit it. Looks like TSLA making another attempt now to bust through.

Status
Not open for further replies.