Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was talking about the Cramer's and Corey Johnson's. As to Wall Street analysts, actually, as a group they have gotten it, but, been somewhat conservative with price targets while mostly having buys and some holds (they're average price target has been in the $200s for years, right? far far cry from the "Bubble stock", "cult stock" nonsense of Johnson and Cramer).

VA, I recommend you watch that 6 minute Cramer video I posted. Cramer came from the hedge fund world, I believe Cory J. did as well... it's very likely that now, they both are just on the other side of the game, helping out buddies still at the funds with their TV commentary. Same for Tim Seymour.

I've seen it before, many times.

I'm not saying some of that is not going on. But what you're claiming is much much much larger cross-border conspiracy than what's explained in that video.

Reactions: DragonWatch
I've seen it before, many times.

I'm not saying some of that is not going on. But what you're claiming is much much much larger cross-border conspiracy than what's explained in that video.

you're mixing apples and oranges.

I brought the video up re my comments re Cramer, Corey Johnson, etc.

The idea of the strategic "perma short" I always describe as speculative, and is a different situation (conceivably overlapping at times, but, I've never brought that up here) and, fwiw, the hypothetical strategic perma short doesn't have to involve more than a couple of decision makers... there doesn't have to be a bunch of different players conspiring together.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 12.33.10 AM.png

Given how relatively consistent the bi-weekly short interest data has been, id say the vast majority is long-term.
Yeah maybe, wish I knew more about that stuff, not sure how up to date I am. If the quants are specializing in tsla, maybe they have X short dollars to work with and they just turn the position over daily or whatever which I think would result in the same short-interest numbers. Maybe Ihor could weigh in.

Based on the tone of Elon's small Tweet storm tonight, probably safe to say whatever is revealed Tuesday afternoon will be more positive than negative.
That would be nice. IIRC the last year or two they haven't really revealed that much which is disappointing because I remember the first one I watched it really revealed a lot about things, but then again maybe I was just paying closer attention then.

Bought some more shares at $345.50 in pre-market, better than yesterday's attempt to buy at $347.00. I'm thinking some may be covering today to avoid any surprises during the shareholder meeting. I think that's what happened last year on May 31st if my memory serves me correctly. Looking at last year's chart, not much happened afterwards. But I think it won't be the same this year because we have the Model 3 reveal coming up in at least a few weeks, so it's wise to buy and hold.

Last edited:
Tesla bull case raised to $439 at Pacific Crest -- 26.5% above its current level

Keep in mind these are the guys that just downgraded NVDA a couple months ago... shortly before it launched to the moon. So... mixed feelings.

Check out the comments for the article regarding the upgrade as I have copy and pasted below. Either they are being a sourpuss for missing the TSLA liftoff or they are being paid by Mark Spiegel :D:D

gary reynolds1 hour ago

Vehicle is mostly hype and cache with the rich environmentalist or wannabes. Reliability is an issue and so is insurance now that AAA has rated the car.

v l 2 hours ago

how to "value" an egregious Ponzi, or why clowns at Pacific Crest are contributing to the ultimate fleecing of muppets.

Time for face the reality people, this is Elon Musk's world that you living in, either conform or get run over!

Lately it's getting hard to tell the difference between TSLA and Falcon9 on a launch day. Pinch me...

I love TSLA and company (and my car), and it's obvious that the bear case is BS, but I'm struggling to see anymore the 2x move from here in 5 years. I think there's a lot of headwind in execution, quality, M3 rampup and competition over next 2-5 years that we can't completely discount.

I'm just being a realist. I know some of you are saying 10x, but it seems a dream too good to come true....

• Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Check out the comments for the article regarding the upgrade as I have copy and pasted below. Either they are being a sourpuss for missing the TSLA liftoff or they are being paid by Mark Spiegel :D:D

gary reynolds1 hour ago

Vehicle is mostly hype and cache with the rich environmentalist or wannabes. Reliability is an issue and so is insurance now that AAA has rated the car.

v l 2 hours ago

how to "value" an egregious Ponzi, or why clowns at Pacific Crest are contributing to the ultimate fleecing of muppets.

Time for face the reality people, this is Elon Musk's world that you living in, either conform or get run over!

I wonder if this is always the same person or if someone is sending out quotes to post.

I see them often saying "Vehicle is mostly hype and cache", when they want to say "Vehicle is mostly hype and cachet"

Cache = a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions
Cachet = the state of being respected or admired; prestige.

Just seems odd that I keep seeing that same error so frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.