Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 6.44.15 PM.png

i mentioned bear flag early last week in response to CNBC guy's chart analysis and that it had already retraced to a trend line. wondering if this follows the down trend or breaks upward.

Reactions: Irishjugg
View attachment 236148
i mentioned bear flag early last week in response to CNBC guy's chart analysis and that it had already retraced to a trend line. wondering if this follows the down trend or breaks upward.
There have to be sellers for such a severe breakdown. I can't see it happening. Also, see that band of volume from 308-315, that's gonna be tough nut to crack.
Now, consolidation, maybe... Break upwards, maybe, though I'm less than convinced. Though if it breaks upward, it can go rapidly, not much resistance above
tsla17072017-2.JPG

Last edited:
As an adult, who invests, I do realize stocks go up and down, and if I ever need to sell it might not be optimal timing.

One could argue artificially increased, OR decreased. Both are valid wrt stock price.

You know what else is on Musk? Tesla. The whole company. The whole it being there in the first place.

Being upset someone is actively betting against you, and trying to bankrupt your company is much different than 'caring' about the share price. Same reason I have never shorted a stock, ever. I have been tempted, but it does not feel right to me.

I appreciate Musk's honesty. Always will, regardless if it costs me money. People emailing IR to tell them how he should conduct himself, seems laughable, in my opinion. You are kicking the golden goose, cause he is not golden enough for you.

He is criticizing an phenomenally capable person. Musk is great but no perfect and everyone, even Elon Musk, can improve their skills in some manner or another. @MXWing seems upset but you know what? I'm not at all pleased by Elon's answer to the question either and I'm a huge fan of him. The point is, @Ocelot, while your statement may be true, it's not unreasonable or somehow disrespectful to hold an critical opinion on a particular matter.

He is criticizing an phenomenally capable person. Musk is great but no perfect and everyone, even Elon Musk, can improve their skills in some manner or another. @MXWing seems upset but you know what? I'm not at all pleased by Elon's answer to the question either and I'm a huge fan of him. The point is, @Ocelot, while your statement may be true, it's not unreasonable or somehow disrespectful to hold an critical opinion on a particular matter.

I think maybe Elon is learning to broaden his appeal through this.

I was fine with what he said. For me it was in the context of 'see a path to order of magnitude higher company valuation.'

So if he had said, "I have long believed that Tesla has a path to valuation comparable to the largest players in Silicon Valley. People are making different bets on whether that is going to happen. Those bets are reflected in the stock price. I have not sold any of my stock yet, save for taxes, and will not sell until until that goal is recognized." People would have been happier.

With the context I had going in, that is what I heard him say. But it is clear that a general audience needs the context in the same sound bite.

If we could run the world on critical opinions... well, you do the math.

The problem I have with the Elon Answer complaints is, honestly, give the guy a break. Elon should improve his EQ, or how he answers questions? He's putting in plenty of time doing other much more significant to the world things.

"Someone who doesn't make mistakes, doesn't make anything." (paraphrased from John Cleese)

I think Elon has earned the right to not be perfect. The short term stock thing? No one can even really say it was a mistake, and no one can prove that one comment however reported was THE ONE THING that sent the stock down. He answered honestly, sincerely, the truth. My portfolio took a (temporary!!!!) hit after gaining significantly. I'm sure not going to blame Elon for this tiny move and try to get him pestered by a speech coach.

Can't say I'm happy with Murdoch's appointment and I can't say I understand it either.
There's an explanation in the other thread. Apparently James Murdoch has been trying to push his father and brother out of the business and steer it in a different direction? (I.e. stop the fake news, start publishing the truth)

There's an explanation in the other thread. Apparently James Murdoch has been trying to push his father and brother out of the business and steer it in a different direction? (I.e. stop the fake news, start publishing the truth)

Perhaps one should equate the son with the father, but Rupert Murdoch's news empire and its Machiavellian manipulation was a major contributor to the climate of jingoism, fear and misinformation that ended with a "leave" vote in the British EU Referendum. A total travesty for the young people of Great Britain and a pain in the ass for me personally; a political upheaval marginally eclipsed by the USA voting a total imbecile to be their president - at least that only lasts for 4 years, maybe even less...

To people with the options, it's not paper money.
To anyone with time horizon that's short/mid term, it may or not may be paper money.
This is why I stopped leveraging on TSLA, Musk is a lose cannon. Still 100% TSLA and today I added 4%, that's my level of comfort :)
Musk has little regard for short term traders. I suspect that weak longs may actually be an annoyance to him. He wants strong hands with a long horizon to hold the stock. This is why he talks down the stock price when things start to get exciting.

Weak longs will be thrown under the bus every time, but strong hands will pick up those shares at a discount.

Critical views of Elon positive or negative are no different than bulls vs shorts ~ it is opinion.

I can get lost in the digital view of money and I can be brought down to earth with paper money. My ultimate goal is to ensure my wife and I have sufficient to survive in a materialistic world. I cannot take it with me in either formo_O

Even the statistical view is opinion:p

You would think I had learned over the years about this latest run up; all I had to do was look at the last three summer periods and see that around the 4th of July Tesla falls off the horse and then it takes the rest of the year to recover. But I am not a day, month or year trader. Last summer was a bit different we had the SolarCity merger and a very sad accident. This year we have the M3 finally coming off the assembly line. But we tend to get ahead of our selves. Have you ever watched the movement of a fully assembled and fueled rocket moved to the launching pad; then the careful loading of astronauts into the capsule; even the actual launch itself is slow lifting off the pad. The MS, MX and now the M3 are all the same; the actual launch is like nails dragged over the old chalk board. Or, all good things come in time.:D

If the past is a gauge of the future, Tesla stock will finally or once again reach that tiping point similar to our rocket to where the thrust of the engines put into full motion what we all knew was possible :rolleyes:

Enjoy the ride:cool:. And be grateful to be a part of something positive, useful and beneficial, because my god knows there is way too much negative crap out there:D

Let's have a good trading day and continue the rise of alternative fuel sources!

Status
Not open for further replies.