Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have mentioned this elsewhere, and profuse apologies if i did. I watched the whole govenors conference, 1.5 times to be clear as to what was said and what was salient

Is this a correct interpretation, or of thereof, of Musk's talk at the Gov conference
(more or less) We have a vehicle company employing ?30,000? in Calif, a SpaceX company supplying the ISS, 2 gigafactories, 1 in Nevada ( Gov Brian Sandoval of Nevada running the conference) 1 in NY, Buffalo for PV and very large, proofs of concept that really work, so you know i'm not BS'ing bringing high tech jobs, investment, economic expansion,
here's some of the criteria WHY we picked Nevada for GF1, (rattles off reasons, casually mentions the space station a few times and SpaceX) You 30 govenors of various states, looking for high tech jobs, money retraining, etc, I want to build 2-3 more in the states, Who wants in? $5 billion, temp and perm jobs, new skills, think and talk to me real soon because i need to make a decision on GF 3, 4, 5. Govenors? who wants in? we are close to the deciding stage, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio. ou folks need jobs? i'm offering. I'm the real deal, come visit my Gigafactory in Nevada and count employees (subtle as a brick through a window, but it should get their attention

The thing is.. Musk isn't even qualified himself to call a top or bottom what SP ought be. Highly irresponsible, inappropriate and not to mention inaccurate to make commentary on such matters

That is not enough credit (one way or the other) to the 32,999 employees who is not Musk.
I sure see a lot of people getting prickly he over this because it cost them paper money. Musk made a true statement, get over it, that's what he does.

A lot of the reason I chose to invest initially was due to his clear attempts to give honest answers whenever he can. Again, Musk really doesn't care much about the stock price, particularly day to day. If you aren't used to that yet then get used to it. It's a reality of investing in this company.

Your personal daily PnL falls below attempting to answer questions honestly in the way Elon handles himself. Everytime we get a dip that's easy to blame on something he said this same gnashing of teeth follows, then suggestions to email investor relations about it. It's silly.

We are up a huge percentage so far this year, and an enormous percentage since IPO very quickly. TSLA is one of the best market returns out there. If you bought at 380, that's your fault, at some high number the only possibility for things to keep going up is a short squeeze. Like it or not at some point the valuation is just too high for the current situation.

It's important to not let the exuberance of this place convince you to make bad trades at the top of the market.

It's also important not to blame honest (and accurate) statements made by the CEO for the losses such poor trading decisions cause. We all make bad trades sometimes.

This is not directed at MXwing specifically, but at everyone with similar "WTF is he doing to my gains" comments.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The driver of a Tesla involved in a crash in Minnesota on Saturday denied that the vehicle's Autopilot system had led to the incident, according to an email released by the automaker.

The Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department said in a statement on Sunday that the driver of the 2016 Tesla had said that when he engaged the Autopilot system, it suddenly accelerated and caused the vehicle to roll over, injuring himself and four passengers. But the driver said in the email released on Monday he believed he had disengaged the Autopilot system at the time of the crash. Tesla shares fell in trading on Monday after the crash was reported.

Whether he likes it or not he is the CEO of a publicly held company. If he puts the word 'overvalued' or 'valued higher than we deserve' even if he is being truthful he is talking down the stock.
There is a reason to have an IR and/or OR department. He should take their advice on how to word a truthful statement that does not talk down the stock or a generic bland statement.
He is a brilliant man who is making great progress on saving us fron ourselves. He does need a little help on answering this question.
"They" don't believe anything else Elon says, but the stock price being over-valued is one thing that "they" cherry pick. I think what matters here is not what Elon says, but who is doing the cherry picking. And if Elon doesn't say anything, "they" will just invent some meaning behind the silence anyway. So I suggest worrying less about what Elon says, and just wait and see what he delivers.

LAST ELON MUSK TWEET :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-07-17 à 21.13.19.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-07-17 à 21.13.19.png
    76 KB · Views: 103
irishjugg:
We all make bad trades sometimes.

There was not a moment in TSLA history when buying was a bad trade.
All this years the only bad trade was selling TSLA.

When it climbs over 5000, who cares if one bought at 380 or 300. We have full mouths of being long but obsess about daily price movements. Nothing the CEO or anyone says changes the long-term prospect of the company. What matters it product, assets, vision and cojones to just do it.

Put your money where your mouth is and just wait. Fast growth includes fast drops.

I sure see a lot of people getting prickly he over this because it cost them paper money. Musk made a true statement, get over it, that's what he does.

A lot of the reason I chose to invest initially was due to his clear attempts to give honest answers whenever he can. Again, Musk really doesn't care much about the stock price, particularly day to day. If you aren't used to that yet then get used to it. It's a reality of investing in this company.

Your personal daily PnL falls below attempting to answer questions honestly in the way Elon handles himself. Everytime we get a dip that's easy to blame on something he said this same gnashing of teeth follows, then suggestions to email investor relations about it. It's silly.

We are up a huge percentage so far this year, and an enormous percentage since IPO very quickly. TSLA is one of the best market returns out there. If you bought at 380, that's your fault, at some high number the only possibility for things to keep going up is a short squeeze. Like it or not at some point the valuation is just too high for the current situation.

It's important to not let the exuberance of this place convince you to make bad trades at the top of the market.

It's also important not to blame honest (and accurate) statements made by the CEO for the losses such poor trading decisions cause. We all make bad trades sometimes.

This is not directed at MXwing specifically, but at everyone with similar "WTF is he doing to my gains" comments.

Well I sure hope no life changing event happens to you that would necessitate you needing to sell stock to take care of yourself or your loved ones in the near future or at a moment in time when share price is -artificially depressed-.

It's one thing to lash out at Dodd Frank, sector rotations, healthcare reform, N. Korea ICBM launching, global recession etc, but this is all on Musk and Tesla IR.

I also call BS on Musk "not caring" about stock price. He complains about shorts trying to kill him. He taunts shorts when things get stormy.
Shorts are in Musks head. Yet, Musk for no reason at all will also cut off his own head and deliver it on a silver platter to the very shorts he appears to hate so much.

No one is telling Musk to be dishonest. I'm going to tell IR that Musk needs to "Show appropriate discretion when representing shareholders."

And lastly, you must not be married or your wife is not in the room if you say crap to me like:

"I made a true statement, get over it". - out of here with that hubris...

Tesla Model 3 "000316" VIN suggests more than 300 release candidates produced

The VIN on this Model 3 appears to imply 316+ production cars produced already.

5YJ3E1EAXHF000316

Unlike previous engineering validation VINs we've seen from S/X where the 12th digit was V for validation, or F for founders series, or S for signature, or P/0/1/2 for production.

At least, that's how it was done on S/X.

So either, Tesla changed their identification method of prototypes (perhaps the E in the 5th digit, which describes the body type is used to differentiate prototypes?), or this is the 316th production Model 3 to roll off the line.

Last edited:
I think I may have mentioned this elsewhere, and profuse apologies if i did. I watched the whole govenors conference, 1.5 times to be clear as to what was said and what was salient

Is this a correct interpretation, or of thereof, of Musk's talk at the Gov conference
(more or less) We have a vehicle company employing ?30,000? in Calif, a SpaceX company supplying the ISS, 2 gigafactories, 1 in Nevada ( Gov Brian Sandoval of Nevada running the conference) 1 in NY, Buffalo for PV and very large, proofs of concept that really work, so you know i'm not BS'ing bringing high tech jobs, investment, economic expansion,
here's some of the criteria WHY we picked Nevada for GF1, (rattles off reasons, casually mentions the space station a few times and SpaceX) You 30 govenors of various states, looking for high tech jobs, money retraining, etc, I want to build 2-3 more in the states, Who wants in? $5 billion, temp and perm jobs, new skills, think and talk to me real soon because i need to make a decision on GF 3, 4, 5. Govenors? who wants in? we are close to the deciding stage, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio. ou folks need jobs? i'm offering. I'm the real deal, come visit my Gigafactory in Nevada and count employees (subtle as a brick through a window, but it should get their attention

Well stated. As you imply Elon's target audience Saturday was the governors and really no others. This was a very special meeting between Elon and and a large group of governors that may not happen again. He took full advantage of the opportunity, even if some words might not have been well received by some of his shareholders.

His pitch was not bombastic, but seemed well planned and played so as if to appear off-the-cuff. His intent appeared to be to sell himself and his vision to the the governors, and as you suggest to induce them to offer incentives for factories to be built in their states, and to stop blocking direct car sales.

I alerted our non-participating Illinois governor and some state legislators to the Saturday webcast, including the one who beat me five years ago. He replied, "Would LOVE to have Tesla in IL!"

Or he knows what's coming down the line that has not been deployed, which would merit a higher valuation...

Somehow my gut feeling tells me that he is also trying to lure as many short sellers as possible and as quickly as possible to load up on their shorts before he unleashes a tsunami of pain to crush them all once and for all.

"Those skilled at making the enemy move do so by creating a situation to which he must conform; they entice him with something he is certain to take, and with lures of ostensible profit they await him in strength." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The stock market is all about psychology really.

Status
Not open for further replies.