Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can not thank short sellers enough for paying for my next 3 Teslas including a MS and 2 M3s
after-hours enough to pay for about 6 or 7 top of the line fully loaded MS
fully committed to buying a MS over the next few months or weeks
might load up on more TSLA tomorrow
not a whole lot maybe another 1000 to 2000
not at the open though
will sleep over it tonight and decide in AM

Many companies never issue dividends. See Berkshire for example...

But what else is he gonna do with the money? I guess if the stock is still below $800 by 4Q18 he can start repurchasing shares... we'll see.

My primary point is: Tesla has more cash than it needs for 2H17 on its balance sheet, and it will soon start generating more cash than it can possibly spend.
I love the way you think.

I think we should all get together on TMC, put in $10 each and get then a new audio system.

But they started with a new Audio system. I bet someone didn't read the instructions. With multiple microphones it probably had built in noise cancelling, and it was probably somebody's job to switch the active microphones or at least space them further apart. It seemed like the system was cancelling out everytime Elon tried to speak.

Maybe it was the dawn of AI! ;)

Many companies never issue dividends. See Berkshire for example...

But what else is he gonna do with the money? I guess if the stock is still below $800 by 4Q18 he can start repurchasing shares... we'll see.

My primary point is: Tesla has more cash than it needs for 2H17 on its balance sheet, and it will soon start generating more cash than it can possibly spend.

Please, No dividends till 2020 at the earliest. Start 3-4 GFs per year if they literally have as much money as you suspect.

Please, No dividends till 2020 at the earliest. Start 3-4 GFs per year if they literally have as much money as you suspect.

You don't have to say please; I'm not the one deciding.

Even if they build 5 Gigafactories simultaneously, that's $3B per year... and don't forget that as these additional Gigafactories start coming online in 2H19, they will add to gross profit.

Last edited:
I agree it is probably good. But now I'm confused - we were told last time that Y would be on a new platform which would provide the first true example of alien dreadnought efficiency. If Y will instead be built on the human dreadnought Model 3 platform (largely), then does that mean that:

a. we won't get alien efficiency till some subsequent model TBD, or
b. we are already alien efficient with M3, or will be sometime soon??

He talked about reducing the length of cable for the Y, so no, still working on alien dreadnought. You can never forget the speed at which Tesla innovates. They change direction if and when they discover a new/better way faster than the wind. Don't assume (or become confused) that because they've decided to use as much of Model 3 as they can to bring Model Y to market as fast as possible, that alien dreadnaught has been shelved. They'll simply solve the new set of problems and come up with other ways to breathe life into the alien. It's still a go, just going down a different path but still headed in the same direction.

PLUS - Model Y (which may or may not be know as that... thank goodness) will be based more significantly off Model 3 rather than based on an all-new platform. GOOD.
What is even better is that he said that the M3 will be updated to include the MY wiring harness (and probably more) features that will simply production.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
He was so bang on, one might expect he had some insider information. Amazing.
LOL insider information? i'm a super busy fully practicing MD far removed from Silicon Valley with barely time to spare to look at stock quotes.
my single passion is reading stock charts and betting like crazy on a single stock
i'm simply a gambler who got lucky

can not thank short sellers enough for paying for my next 3 Teslas including a MS and 2 M3s
after-hours enough to pay for about 6 or 7 top of the line fully loaded MS
fully committed to buying a MS over the next few months or weeks
might load up on more TSLA tomorrow
not a whole lot maybe another 1000 to 2000
not at the open though
will sleep over it tonight and decide in AM
PM me if you need an owner referral. Would be a shame for all those Model S to not have unlimited free supercharging. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.