Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day of high availability of shares for shorting at Fidelity, however at a price - the interest rate went up late afternoon yesterday and still is at 1.5%. Fidelity needs to make money too...........

I hate to say it but that is a brilliant move on Fidelity's part. First they encourage the shorts to borrow as many shares as possible at SUPER low interest rates during the entire time that Tencent was accumulating shares (rates were at-or-below 1%). And the subsequent run up in share price must have put most of the shorts way under water in the process. The only thing they could do was borrow their way out of it......selling more to try and minimize their loses. Yet even after all of their selling effort into a 5% accumulation by Tencent the share price now sits in a VERY dangerous range for the shorts - it is up against the ATH range once again and poised for breakout - the only remedy for shorts to unwind the Checkmate position they are in is to once again borrow their way out of it and hope nobody is accumulating long term shares anymore. So what does Fidelity do when the shorts are up against the wall and breathing their last gasp of air? They raise the rates on them to borrow any more when it is sink-or-swim time.

I am getting more convinced of the reverse-engineered short squeeze every day. Fidelity and others had to know Tencent was accumulating Big Time. It is Popcorn time for sure. The underlying plot is becoming clear but we still don't know who some of the villains have been working for. It did always seem like Mark SP was just a little too loony and too loose with his mouth to be acting on his own. Did he get a commission for everyone he sucked into the shorting game? That would be the most likely source of money his fund was making at the moment based on what he was publicly encouraging other investors to do if this all plays out and he really isn't as loony as he has acted (possible?).. I am waiting for him to release that his fund actually accumulated shares with the end of quarter reporting and then he quietly retires on an island somewhere on the other side of the world. Maybe the sequel of this movie is when Elon goes after him in his underwater car.................

Perhaps Elon/Deepak realized the amount of huge Tencent accumulation prior to their decision regarding how large the offering would be. If so, they could have made an informed decision to limit the size of the offering that was widely anticipated to be much larger in an effort to put more buying pressure on the common stock on the open market. This too would have played into putting the shorts in Checkmate on the recent run up, and it would have been Elon's chance to throw Mark SP in the tank full of sharks in the process. We will be left wondering at the end of this if Elon might have participated in the set up for the Running of the Bulls over the Shorts with his ability to play 3D Chess as well and help reverse engineer a final crushing blow. Waiting for violin picture to be posted any day now.

On topic: Closing above 280 would be very scary for the shorts. They're going to try to see us close below that level. If this morning run-up gets a serious second wind, we'll see some shorts start to cover.

Do we really think the calculus has significantly changed for the shorts? I mean, I want to see them eating humble pie as much as the next long, but...

I thought the theory was basically that the shorts think $280+ is ridiculously overvalued for TSLA, that it will return lower into the 180-280 band again, and that Model 3 isn't a success yet even if its on time because it won't be profitable.

Reactions: Gerasimental
Hey, keep it a little quieter, please. It's 4am here in Hawaii, can't a guy get a little beauty sleep?

On topic: Closing above 280 would be very scary for the shorts. They're going to try to see us close below that level. If this morning run-up gets a serious second wind, we'll see some shorts start to cover.
Tough life. TSLA though waits for no man.

OK you guys are all picking on @TrendTrader007 but in fairness he started posting his bullish views on TMC when the SP was about 200. He stuck to them when a lot of people on the forum were tearing out their hair as the SP dropped to 180. It is now about 280.

So as with any of us it could be just luck, but his track record so far is not completely terrible.;)

OK you guys are all picking on @TrendTrader007 but in fairness he started posting his bullish views on TMC when the SP was about 200. He stuck to them when a lot of people on the forum were tearing out their hair as the SP dropped to 180. It is now about 280.

So as with any of us it could be just luck, but his track record so far is not completely terrible.;)

But I agree with him 100%, I just don't post it every day. TSLA will be 500 by October, that's my prediction. Once M3's start rolling-off the line it's over. Only a major disaster can stop it.

Hey, keep it a little quieter, please. It's 4am here in Hawaii, can't a guy get a little beauty sleep?

Papa....ain't livin in paradise a bitch. When you've had your cup of coffee on the lanai, while gently ruffled by the trade winds coming off the Pacific Ocean, do you think you could do a mid-day look at the trading. I thought we would consolidate for a couple more days, but the stock seems to want to live at or above the upper bollinger Band, would be interested in what you think.

Plenty of us have been bullish for a long time, we simply don't repeat it over and over and over again because it becomes meaningless.

Reactions: Yuri_G
I hate to say it but that is a brilliant move on Fidelity's part. First they encourage the shorts to borrow as many shares as possible at SUPER low interest rates during the entire time that Tencent was accumulating shares (rates were at-or-below 1%). And the subsequent run up in share price must have put most of the shorts way under water in the process. The only thing they could do was borrow their way out of it......selling more to try and minimize their loses. Yet even after all of their selling effort into a 5% accumulation by Tencent the share price now sits in a VERY dangerous range for the shorts - it is up against the ATH range once again and poised for breakout - the only remedy for shorts to unwind the Checkmate position they are in is to once again borrow their way out of it and hope nobody is accumulating long term shares anymore. So what does Fidelity do when the shorts are up against the wall and breathing their last gasp of air? They raise the rates on them to borrow any more when it is sink-or-swim time.

I am getting more convinced of the reverse-engineered short squeeze every day. Fidelity and others had to know Tencent was accumulating Big Time. It is Popcorn time for sure. The underlying plot is becoming clear but we still don't know who some of the villains have been working for. It did always seem like Mark SP was just a little too loony and too loose with his mouth to be acting on his own. Did he get a commission for everyone he sucked into the shorting game? That would be the most likely source of money his fund was making at the moment based on what he was publicly encouraging other investors to do if this all plays out and he really isn't as loony as he has acted (possible?).. I am waiting for him to release that his fund actually accumulated shares with the end of quarter reporting and then he quietly retires on an island somewhere on the other side of the world. Maybe the sequel of this movie is when Elon goes after him in his underwater car.................

Perhaps Fidelity realizes that the shorts are desperate to keep the SP below 280. If the shorts want to borrow to depress the price, it's going to cost them more money.

Plenty of us have been bullish for a long time, we simply don't repeat it over and over and over again because it becomes meaningless.
While I agree with you, I don't see much point trying to correct other people's opinions on the internet. You know what they say about opinions and I ain't going anywhere near someone else's you know what

Status
Not open for further replies.