Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping out of paris climate agreement may well poison the well.
Wonder if it will have the impact of a black swan.

I see it as a massive opportunity - while other manufacturers will concentrate on gas-guzzlers that will be out-lawed in the rest of the world, Tesla will increase dominance in the EV sector.

I just hope Tesla get some manufacturing capability outside USA pronto, to cover risks of the inevitable sanctions that will be imposed on the USA as well as their general isolation and increasing irrelevance on the international stage.

Yeah, trying to determine when market caps cross over is a bit of an exercise. I was merely pointing out what google finance was saying for BAMXF and TSLA.

Outstanding share counts and currency exchanges complicate matters even more. Either way, TSLA and BMW are *close* in valuation right now, in the same sense that TSLA and F were in the low 290s.

The Raris agreement is mostly a PR agreement, I doubt if it gets enforced or if there
are any serious consequences for violators.

But the point being its that it is good PR for the USA to get along.
You go along to get along especially if their is little cost associated with going along.

Whatever, i am not touching my long position in tesla.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and say that $55B is too high of a valuation. 5 weeks from now maybe, but today???

I guess the insiders know the Model 3 launch is going off without a hitch.

The market prices the future, not the present. By the time it is 100% certain that Model 3 is profitable and going off without a hitch, the market will have started pricing in Semi success.

So let me ask this - are we in the beginning stages of a short covering rally? Anything else that would explain the behavior of the stock the last couple days?
So far the evidence does not seem to point to that. Short interest has if anything increased, not decreased, since we've been playing in ATH territory (which makes sense, its at the ATH, must be going to go back down again).

More details from the today's MS note, via Streetinsider

Morgan Stanley maintains Equalweight on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) price target of $305.00.

Analyst Adam Jonas believes it is now time to ponder if Tesla is the Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) of autos given its valuation is above that of Ford (NYSE: F) and General Motors (NYSE: GM) and the company begins to challenge the characterization that it is just a car company.

He comments in a research note that investors he has spoken with see Tesla as more than a car company and points toward shared mobility, autonomous driving and electric transportation capabilities. He writes "We believe the market is increasingly coming around to the idea of giving Tesla a low chance of success in a far larger addressable market (transport network, data, time) rather than a high chance of success in a smaller addressable market (cars/machines)."

Jonas further believes that the market may price in the value of Tesla as a strategic or trophy asset as the company builds out infrastructure and unveils its "Tesla Network". He believes given this potential that it is possible for Tesla to reach his bull case PT of $511.

FY 2017 EPS estimate remains at a loss of $6.59, FY 2018 EPS estimate remains at a loss of $3.24 and FY 2019 EPS estimate remains at a gain of $2.05.

Feel free to ban me I couldn't care less I'm not going to be intimidated into submission it is not my loss but TMC's loss
I've been through too much in the markets to be scared by the threat of being banned on TMC I'd rather take my chances in the market
(Should have asked me nicely instead of threatening me With a ban)
Read Sun Tzu's Art of War.. not everyone responds favorably to brute force

Last edited:
quoting Jonas from @vgrinshpun post above:

He writes "We believe the market is increasingly coming around to the idea of giving Tesla a low chance of success in a far larger addressable market (transport network, data, time) rather than a high chance of success in a smaller addressable market (cars/machines)."

Jonas further believes that the market may price in the value of Tesla as a strategic or trophy asset as the company builds out infrastructure and unveils its "Tesla Network". He believes given this potential that it is possible for Tesla to reach his bull case PT of $511."
finally---

and "it's time to ponder"?
well go ahead

show compassion-
Bear hug a short today, and...
sqeeeeeeeze

Feel free to ban me I couldn't care less I'm not going to be intimidated into submission it is not my loss but TMC's loss
I've been through too much in the markets to be scared by the threat of being banned on TMC I'd rather take my chances in the market
Secondarily, any requirements set by the board for whether or not conversations are allowed should be set by the moderators within the administrative panel, even if it requires custom code changes. When I've run boards in the past, if there was some feature that I wanted to mandate being turned on/off, I would do it myself, not declare that people must make these changes. Anyhow, IT complaint, it drives me crazy when I see automated processes be made manual because the people running the show don't want to spend the time to do it.

Secondarily, any requirements set by the board for whether or not conversations are allowed should be set by the moderators within the administrative panel, even if it requires custom code changes. When I've run boards in the past, if there was some feature that I wanted to mandate being turned on/off, I would do it myself, not declare that people must make these changes. Anyhow, IT complaint, it drives me crazy when I see automated processes be made manual because the people running the show don't want to spend the time to do it.

Agreed. Ideally the site should just pop-up a dialog box and get user's confirmation that certain setting will be changed to continue posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.