Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the announcement has 108k loves and 68k retweets in less than a hour. Elon played this nicely, trying to be a voice of reason in a desert of intellectual thought and then getting an inevitable opportunity to exit in a principled manner.

In a battle of wits, the Donald goes into this battle unarmed, in a battle of tweets Elon trumps the Donald, in a comparison of bank, Elon could buy the Donald 3-4 times over.

Game, set, match....and yet the world and Americans lose a little bit.

Always wanted our most natural allies to be Syria and Nicaragua. #sad

MAKE AMERICA A LAUGHINGSTOCK AGAIN!

Edit: sorry, was being unfair to Nicaragua. They wouldn't sign because Paris accord was too SOFT.

Trump/Assad 2020, making the world a warmer place!

Last edited:
Trump says he will look to regenotiate the Paris accord. Door isn't closed.
Yeah, it is. The U.S. cannot negotiate with itself, it needs willing partners, and when it comes to this subject, those don't seem to exist anymore.

Edit: if you're curious to see what other countries think about this decision, see the link I posted a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is. The U.S. cannot negotiate with itself, it needs willing partners, and when it comes to this subject, those don't seem to exist anymore.

Edit: if you're curious to see what other countries think about this decision, see the link I posted a few minutes ago.

The agreement is pretty much voluntary with no enforcement mechanisms right?

A renegotiated one that has teeth might be an unforeseen side affect of all this. One can hope anyways.

Reactions: neroden

A renegotiated one that has teeth might be an unforeseen side affect of all this. One can hope anyways.
Trump claimed 2.7m jobs would be lost in the U.S. because of the accord, so obviously it's not more teeth that he wanted; he just wanted more lips from his base on his tiny hands because hey, he kept "another" promise.

Last edited:
MXWing and I had a chat about this idea elsewhere. Tomorrow, being Friday, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the share price drifts lower in the afternoon as it a summertime Friday and a beautiful day forecast -- 80° and sunny -- for NYC and the Jersey shore. I expect floor traders will be closing their books by Noon and heading down the Garden State Parkway. Today was picture perfect in the Pine Barrens. I only peaked at the phone to check the price action once or twice today. Excelsior.

Ah, yes, Trump did this so that he could renegotiate stronger environmental protections. Maybe OJ can help with that after he finds the real killers.

Edit Addition:
I just noticed you said exercise. Exercising is foolish, because you are getting zero for the $5.45! If you think that the SP has peaked you should sell the options and buy stock. It's a no brainer. Exercising only makes sense if you hold until they expire, which only makes sense if you believe that the SP will be at the highest point near the close on the Friday of expiration.

There is one other (extremely rare, but I mention it in case it is useful to someone) case where you might want to exercise. That's pre-or-post market, when you notice something wrong in the trading and want to take advantage of it at that instant, and don't have stock that you want to sell. I had stock but wanted to keep the long term gains to give to charity. You CAN call the brokerage and exercise the option, then sell the shares immediately, even though you can't trade options pre-market. I can't remember what triggered it (some sort of misreporting in the news), but a few years ago I did this and made a nice sum, much more than I would have made had I waited for the market to open.

So far the announcement has 108k loves and 68k retweets in less than a hour. Elon played this nicely, trying to be a voice of reason in a desert of intellectual thought and then getting an inevitable opportunity to exit in a principled manner.

In a battle of wits, the Donald goes into this battle unarmed, in a battle of tweets Elon trumps the Donald, in a comparison of bank, Elon could buy the Donald 3-4 times over.

Game, set, match....and yet the world and Americans lose a little bit.

Always wanted our most natural allies to be Syria and Nicaragua. #sad

MAKE AMERICA A LAUGHINGSTOCK AGAIN!

Edit: sorry, was being unfair to Nicaragua. They wouldn't sign because Paris accord was too SOFT.

Trump/Assad 2020, making the world a warmer place!

Very well said.

It is truly sad, that this man contributes to making the world worse off for so many.

I wonder when he is flying in his private planes does he ponder if it was designed following any scientific principles, or the designer just did whatever felt good in the moment and hoped for the best?

Short term there will be some unwarranted depression of TSLA/SCO etc and ascension of XOM/CVX, but long term the trend will be reversed again because the electric revolution is unstoppable and renewables are already cheaper than coal.

On the flipside, this means less time wasted for Elon in troll-meetings and more focus on getting real work done.

Ah, yes, Trump did this so that he could renegotiate stronger environmental protections. Maybe OJ can help with that after he finds the real killers.
Yup! Trump did say he loves the environment. For anyone that listened, you heard he said we are going to have the cleanest water, the cleanest air...Oh by the way, did you hear we are opening a new coal mine soon? First one in years. Trump is going to try and attend the opening. Where was I? Oh yeah, Trump loves the environment.

Evidently the new coal mine is for metallurgic coal, not for power plants.

Trump's right: A coal mine is opening soon. It will create 70 jobs

The main reason it is good we left the Paris accord is to get out of the Green Climate Fund. Of course, every 3rd world nation would love free money. What an easy way to get them to signup. Notice how Obama sent $500 million on his last three days of office. That is because giving money away is about as politically popular as giving pardons to tax dodgers.

Trump is doing the USA a service. The anti-Trump people are just hysterical as always.

(politics in the market thread will hopefully end soon).

Solar and Wind will continue to progress, and we'll reduce emissions. But not as part of the this Green Climate Fund scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.