Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I think the simplest solution is to leave the existing market action and general discussion threads as is. But to add another thread as a sticky that is invite-only, determined maybe be a few of the most reputable users. That thread would be high-quality and maybe would allow only 20-30 people to post and everyone to read. But I think the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.

How can we make this happen? Is it just a request to mods/admin? Create a poll?

Reactions: sundaymorning
Btw, I think the simplest solution is to leave the existing market action and general discussion threads as is. But to add another thread as a sticky that is invite-only, determined maybe be a few of the most reputable users. That thread would be high-quality and maybe would allow only 20-30 people to post and everyone to read. But I think the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.
Ah, but who gets to choose?

Reminds me of the super-villain movies where for the good of the planet, everyone has to die except for the "quality" people.

Unless I am one of the 20 or 30 in which case: brilliant suggestion:)

ATH of $381.30 in the premarket as of now. When do we see $400?

2 closes higher than 381:
June 22: 382.61
June 23: 383.45 (also intraday all time high of 386.99)

Honorable mention:
June 24: intraday high of 386.95, closed down though (377.49).

All Time High close: 383.45.

Reminds me of the super-villain movies where for the good of the planet, everyone has to die except for the "quality" people.

Folks, it might work to make a special thread that is invite only, but making a new forum elsewhere is doomed. You might not notice it but there is turnover in contributors, such that the super informative useful people in 2013/2014 aren't active much anymore. People make too much money then leave or go quiet :) In 5 years it will probably be a whole new crowd making useful posts (and a new crowd making useless ones). So it would work for a while then get stale when the contributors had said everything they came to say. Then you miss out on the large crowd-sourcing of rumor finding and such. The sausage making is ugly.

Having said that, I think the easiest way to clean up these threads is make a meta thread where all discussions about the threads can be posted and banished to when they occur.

Please consider learning to use the ignore function, as it really cleans up these threads. What do you miss?
I have 23 ignored users, and will add more in an instant.

We should see $400 by market close, as the Semi is a foundation to attack the pick up truck market with something that cannot be called weak. The pick up truck market was off the table approaching from the car side ( in any real sense,... yes, you could have an entrant, but never dominate).

Once people recognize the semi as a path to pickup trucks, the stock moves... a lot.

Look at a list of vehicles that sell for more than $50K. They are almost all trucks. [The light gray is vehicles of that model that sell below $50K]
IMG_1841.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
What if we just have an optional chat window? That way there would be no excuses for making throwaway/useless comments in the main thread. It would be the place people could comment on trades they just made, make clever jokes, write poetry, have conversations, cheer for 400 etc.

Yes! IRC would be excellent to vent joy and despair.:-D

Reactions: Mike Smith
Please consider learning to use the ignore function, as it really cleans up these threads. What do you miss?
I have 23 ignored users, and will add more in an instant.

We should see $400 by market close, as the Semi is a foundation to attack the pick up truck market with something that cannot be called weak. The pick up truck market was off the table approaching from the car side ( in any real sense,... yes, you could have an entrant, but never dominate).

Once people recognize the semi as a path to pickup trucks, the stock moves... a lot.

Look at a list of vehicles that sell for more than $50K. They are almost all trucks. [The light gray is vehicles of that model that sell below $50K]View attachment 248276
100% confident this is the strategy. Not sure if we see the pickup 10/26, but would love to.

Reactions: 22522
Status
Not open for further replies.