Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, the whole world is filled with islands.. some small, some very large like Australia. Many of them have similar issues with expensive backups and half solutions to real issues that are easily solved by Batteries that are cost effective. Enter Tesla.
Large data centers that need power backup are defacto islands, since their data and operations are so important, they have multiple redundancies for power...

• Informative
Reactions: CaliBear1
It was authored by this guy: Alex Roy - Wikipedia, who had multiple so-called Transcontinental Record, or Cannonball Record driving Model S.

Agreed, definitely worth a read.

Alex's history of driving is significantly more impressive than that too. He held the ICE Cannonball record for many years until it was only recently broke by a different guy (whom in my opinion got very lucky with traffic, weather, and construction, much less enforcement).
If you've ever tried to maintain a high overall average speed on a road trip, you know what kind of an accomplishment it is to do 89mph average from coast to coast.

Yes, it appears there are buyers standing by for prices below 300 at the moment. I agree, normally we would see the shorts taking full advantage of the NASDAQ dip today. The good news is that with each day that passes, we are one day closer to a real ramp up of Model 3.

TSLA_screenshot_20171109_203847_883.png

And more stepping in as the day goes on.

Unless there is a Model S/X interior refresh as a surprise, not much of a catalyst (IMHO).

Aaight, let's circle our calendar and check back in a week :)

Had M3 ramped up, S/X refresh would be announced sooner than later (or suffered Osbourning). Q4 numbers for S/X have been announced to be lower than Q3 - and I think that might have to do with the refresh and aligning production to it as well

For the Semi reveal, i think the surprise will be in specs, some great charging technology or something very co-related ...(or announcement of prod timeline for the Semi and the new GF where it will be built)

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog and madodel

I think this is great and all but I think Tesla is actually helped if it goes away early. You might say, well that will be bad for EVs.. it won't because no one is really working on EVs besides Tesla. The rest are just dabbling and but at all serious about EVs in a meaningful way. To they where, you would see many gigafactories from all the big players.

Tesla doesn't need the credits, they can lower the price and costs of S/X to compensate with ease. Model 3 is already competitive without credits and Tesla could stand to lose 100,000 reservations because they can't build the cars fast enough anyway. They have nearly infinite demand compared to what they can manufacture. Demand will only do to once these cars hit the roads in mass.

Other manufacturers need credits, Tesla does not. Not anymore. There credits worked for those willing to go all out and take advantage. They rest can choke on their own pride for all I care.

Reactions: madodel
580F2B75-D1EE-4370-803E-59EFA3B7BA44.png

One potentially interesting data point. LIT etf, which I’ve sung praises for a few times already, recently broke through 40 finally after bouncing off of it 3 times pretty hard. TSLA, being a non-trivial holding, should reap some of that benefit if it continues breaking out as I’m suspecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.