Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanos has been spreading essentially this same FUD for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting the types of companies that might be better suited for the simple valuation model he learned in his college finance class.

Last edited:
Chanos been spreading essentially these same FUD for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting the types of companies that might be better suited for the simple valuation models he learned in his college finance classes.

He doesn't have to. The best part of stock market is that people can do whatever they want, just need to pay the price when they are wrong.

Chanos has been spreading essentially this same FUD for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting the types of companies that might be better suited for the simple valuation model he learned in his college finance class.

I don't think someone with his finance experience can be this blind. There's more to this.

Chanos been spreading essentially this same FUD for years, enticing others to join him in setting up losing short positions in TSLA. As I've said before, he doesn't get it. He's used to evaluating established companies in stable industries on a quarterly basis. Judging the long-term potential of an innovative young company in the process of disrupting long established capital intensive industries is beyond his pay grade. He should stick to buying or shorting the types of companies that might be better suited for the simple valuation models he learned in his college finance classes.

I'm somewhat surprised that people find it more probable these gibberish points he repeats are due to his "not getting it" rather than his attempting to steer other people away from getting it.

I'm not a fan of what Chanos is saying, but, he strikes me as having more than enough brain power, familiarity with Tesla, and taste for independent critical thinking to know virtually all the content of what he says in that video and in the accompanying article is quite backwards.

update: lols, VA beat me to it by a nanosecond... we even did the exact same bolding of Curt's post.
-

VA, you know my "slow down turning upside down our 10% of the global economy cash machine" theory as to the massive 20-30% short position in Tesla for over 5.5 years : )

yea... after he publicly and miserably failed on BABA, China, TSLA, and others, it's surprising that he still has any clients... Weird.

next Madoff in the making...

Model 3 sighting thread staying busy. Boston getting deliveries. Hope we’ll see 3000 soon. May beat 2500 for quarter and do seem solidly on track for hundreds per week. That should lead to low thousands by end of January. What is success exiting year and for Q1? I think hitting production of 1000 by last week and over 3000 a week by end of Q1 will be positive for Tesla and over 4000 a week will be amazing. Over 30,000 3’s in Q1 and on track for over 50,000 in Q2 will lead to positive cash flow and start the investments needed for 10,000 weekly capacity and next phase of the GF. I’m assuming the semi will be assembled in Sparks. The Roadster likely in Fremont or a nearby warehouse that could support 5000 to 10,000 annual production.

i could of course be totally wrong and looking at $TSLA quarterly chart i probably am. Q42017 may be similar to Q3, 2012 in which case $TSLA is likely to run more or less straight up for next 4 quarters into end of 2018 with a SP exceeding $2200 with only a relatively minor correction in March 2018. this is more similar to your thinking, TradingInvest

$TSLA the most clinically significant event today was the change in Quarterly candle bringing about a sea change in $TSLA prognosis. $TSLA true believers be prepared to become super rich over the next 12 months at expense of short sellers

I like how you think TT007. Though if SP exceeds $2200, Tesla will have to come out with a lot more colors, since that would give me enough in profits to buy 83 more Roadsters and it would be boring to have 10 or 12 of each color.

seemed worth sharing in both major threads,

Tesla Taiwanese Supplier HOTA increasing output to 5K weekly

This is the same supplier who announced a reduction in output shipping to Tesla (from 5,000 to 3,000 per week) days before Tesla's last earnings call where the bottleneck/~3 month delay was announced. If you look at the link above, and the article it in turn links to, it looks quite encouraging re the ramp getting back on track now.

seemed worth sharing in both major threads,

Tesla Taiwanese Supplier HOTA increasing output to 5K weekly

This is the same supplier who announced a reduction in output shipping to Tesla (from 5,000 to 3,000 per week) days before Tesla's last earnings call where the bottleneck/~3 month delay was announced. If you look at the link above, and the article it in turn links to, it looks quite encouraging re the ramp getting back on track now.

I would love to believe the ramp is in full swing.. however, I don't believe many of us feel we are anywhere near this rate. Or that we are likely to be in the near future. This could simply be a positive spin on a contractual obligation.

Edit: Thank you for the share SteveG any sign of good news is nice to see.

I would love to believe the ramp is in full swing.. however, I don't believe many of us feel we are anywhere near this rate. Or that we are likely to be in the near future. This could simply be a positive spin on a contractual obligation.

Edit: Thank you for the share SteveG any sign of good news is nice to see.

agree, this isn't to say that they are anywhere close to making 5K/week now, but, rather that this looks suggestive that Tesla felt confident enough to lift the slow down of the supply chain that occurred in late October. 5K/week by sometime in March looks more likely.

(and my pleasure sharing here what someone in the Model 3 forum had found)

Status
Not open for further replies.