Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the option codes you will see APH2 which is AP 2.0 or you will see APH3 which is 'AP 2.5 or 2.1', whatever you want to call it.

To see your codes, click on the 'View Spec' link in My Tesla and copy/paste the URL into a text editor.

Any car that started production after August 21 should have the APH3 code now, mine does (it didn't day 1, it changed along the way!).

If you look at the option codes you will see APH2 which is AP 2.0 or you will see APH3 which is 'AP 2.5 or 2.1', whatever you want to call it.

To see your codes, click on the 'View Spec' link in My Tesla and copy/paste the URL into a text editor.

Any car that started production after August 21 should have the APH3 code now, mine does (it didn't day 1, it changed along the way!).

Mine went into production yesterday and it states in the View Spec APH2. The text code from my DS also identifies AP2.
Hmmmmm

On the S delivery forums they are claiming that some of the AP designations are AP 2.5 or 3.0. Mine, which is in production simply states AP 2.
Anyone have anything other than AP 2?
I heard (here?) everything shipping after 7/28 was going to be AP2.5 but I can't confirm this. I also read 2000 cars were built with bad AP2 material and these cars must be manually inspected before shipping. Only one source for that. Hoping my car isn't one of those.

Just checked my car, that was confirmed on 8/16, but still hasn't gone into production yet and in ViewSpec it says APH2. Will this change once it actually goes into production to APH3?
Mine was confirmed on August 9 and it flipped sometime thereafter before production last week to APH3. I would assume yours would do the same.

As always the variability is strange!

I heard (here?) everything shipping after 7/28 was going to be AP2.5 but I can't confirm this. I also read 2000 cars were built with bad AP2 material and these cars must be manually inspected before shipping. Only one source for that. Hoping my car isn't one of those.
The original story was allegedly all cars 'built' after August 21 were AP '2.5'. Now, define 'built'. Ordered? Start of production? Who knows. But I would assume if you hadn't started prod by then or you have the APH3 code you are definitely getting the new hardware.

Bonlaw,
Great tip regarding options list! Thanks. Gives me something to do while camping this Labor Day weekend. Going to try and decipher options list..not yet counting the hours but geez.
Photo of what MX will be replacing...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 72
Bonlaw,
Great tip regarding options list! Thanks. Gives me something to do while camping this Labor Day weekend. Going to try and decipher options list..not yet counting the hours but geez.
Photo of what MX will be replacing...
One clarification: As far as Tesla is concerned, all cars after October 2016 are still 'Autopilot 2'. It's up to us to look at the option codes and see that we have got APH3 meaning AP2.5/2.1. But it's just a better AP 2 as far as Tesla is concerned. Until we hear something different.

Reactions: Rossy and Bonlaw
One clarification: As far as Tesla is concerned, all cars after October 2016 are still 'Autopilot 2'. It's up to us to look at the option codes and see that we have got APH3 meaning AP2.5/2.1. But it's just a better AP 2 as far as Tesla is concerned. Until we hear something different.
At some point, the PCB/Assembly rev#'s will be known so we can know for sure. It's all sort of academic until it can be physically verified. I didn't purchase The future self drive option, figuring it would be a while off. If it's not, it will be with the extra $1,000.
I keep thinking multiple radars might be nice, but the DSP processing to manage a sea of radar chatter in traffic seems daunting to me.

At some point, the PCB/Assembly rev#'s will be known so we can know for sure. It's all sort of academic until it can be physically verified. I didn't purchase The future self drive option, figuring it would be a while off. If it's not, it will be with the extra $1,000.
I keep thinking multiple radars might be nice, but the DSP processing to manage a sea of radar chatter in traffic seems daunting to me.
As my sig says, I did purchase everything including FSD. I wanted to roll the cost into the loan and expect to keep the car for a long time (we'll see how long that lasts and how quickly Tesla changes my mind! :D). I also still have faith that 'FSD will soon deviate from EAP' with added new features. Come on, Elon!

Reactions: Rossy
I ordered yesterday; seems to be APH3 but BTX5. Hope I get lucky and the latter still changes before the actual assembly though :). I asked for Jan 2nd delivery due to taxation change here in Finland.

It would be a little off this thread, but it's always interesting to know about changes in EV taxation in other countries, so, if you don't mind, could you explain this taxation change that I presume, by your choice of a 2nd January delivery, it will be more favorable to EV after December 31st there in Finland. Thanks.

MyTesla update. Delivery changed from late August-September to Sepr8-22 on MyTesla.com. Car still shows "InPeoduction" emailed DS this morning to see if 9/12 was still a good date. No response yet.
Went to Carmac today on my trade. Ouch. Tesla hadn't gotten back to me on a quote yet. But it's good to have a number to work with from CarMax.
(MX 100D ordered 7/28 Confirmed 7/31 in production 8/22. Still in production.

Reactions: boaterva
Order placed: 8/7/2017
Order Confirmation: 8/10/2017 @ 12:24AM PST
VIN: 65XXX
Delivery Location: Fremont, CA
Original Estimated Delivery: Mid to Late September
Current Estimated Delivery: Late September to Early October

Was notified on 9/4 that car is ready for delivery at end of week (9/8) and available to schedule delivery. Will pick up on 9/15 as that’s was my original target date.

Reactions: Rossy and boaterva
could you explain this taxation change that I presume, by your choice of a 2nd January delivery, it will be more favorable to EV after December 31st there in Finland. Thanks.

Our car tax has been dropping 0.5% per year. This will translate to around 500e saving if I take the car 2nd of January versus early December. Besides that, in case I have to sell the car there is probably some value in having the first registration date marked to be in 2018. Well worth the wait, maybe I even get some update goodies from Tesla for the patience as well :) (btx7/btx8 .....)

• Informative
Reactions: Atlantis