Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if i am wrong, but Tesla doesn't produce cars sequentially based on VIN right? So you can have a car that is 8xxxx that is built before 7xxxx? I still don't have my VIN yet, still showing December to early January delivery.

@avirtuos I think we all pay destination and doc fees of $1295, but the delivery fee is free if you buy new.

Took delivery last week. 75d
400 miles driven and no issues. Slight falcon door mis alignment and scratch on spoiler which was reported to tesla immediately. They are fixing it soon. Overall i have to say that this is the best car I've ever driven.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4255.JPG
    IMG_4255.JPG
    361.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7224.jpg
    IMG_7224.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 70
Took delivery last week. 75d
400 miles driven and no issues. Slight falcon door mis alignment and scratch on spoiler which was reported to tesla immediately. They are fixing it soon. Overall i have to say that this is the best car I've ever driven.
Congrats!!!

But a little Mic Check for the later September custom build orders, any updated word?
My status hasn’t changed in my account even though my local guy told me would be headed to production last week

I went to the store today and talked to my sales agent. I received a sad message that my X75 7 seater config will be under production this December 18.

I am ordering from Norway btw. I'm not sure if this applies to all confirmed orders after October 7. But it will be sure a loooong wait.. They offered me to go for an inventory instead arriving this November. Model Xs sales here are skyrocketing though as people are somewhat panicking to buy 1 before the year ends because the government here is suggesting to tax heavy electric vehicles. There's a bad stigma owning a Tesla here. A lot of people think tesla owners are rich and that they don't deserve all incentives of owning a EV. (When actually it is much cheaper to own a Model X here than owning an equivalent SuV) and the government is whoring on these people for PR. Sad life :(

I saw a few mention discounts for inventory cars. Wondering if these are more premium cars that people are getting for the lower price of the car they built or are they getting discounts for things like colors? We ordered a X75D but are they likely to offer us a X100D in a different color for the same price? Alternatively they could offer a X100D for $5k off of list price (but still more than what you had planned to spend)? I'm pretty much capped out for how much I want to spend so I can't be upsold.

Tried to talk discounts with OA and store manager but got nowhere... had to try :)

Just wondering what to expect. My order gets confirmed tomorrow. Thanks.

I saw a few mention discounts for inventory cars. Wondering if these are more premium cars that people are getting for the lower price of the car they built or are they getting discounts for things like colors? We ordered a X75D but are they likely to offer us a X100D in a different color for the same price? Alternatively they could offer a X100D for $5k off of list price (but still more than what you had planned to spend)? I'm pretty much capped out for how much I want to spend so I can't be upsold.

Tried to talk discounts with OA and store manager but got nowhere... had to try :)

You can find discounts on inventory models of all battery sizes. However, a lot of SCs are running low on loaners and they are not willing to part with the cars.

Use ev-cpo.com to find the public inventory vehicles. OAs can find hidden cars, but those are harder to get based on the above.

Reactions: ebjohnso

You could look over this: Tesla Inventory
Problem with inventory is if you want to re-route it from one store to another, they charge $2k special delivery fees. Sometimes they can waive that near end of quarter (which is the best time to find deepest inventory discount). Here in early quarter, of October, you probably won't find the same level of deals. Custom orders, as you are doing, tend not to get discounting because "this is your special order at the stated prices". Any pre-made inventory seems to start discounting right away and grows as miles are put on for test-drives or they age on the lot.
One thing that is apparent given the inventory spread is that you are paying full price for a custom order while they make sets of inventory cars ahead of custom orders - which then sell for lower prices. Shows in the sales numbers at the end of quarter push times when folks are snapping up the inventory deals. The trade off is time. Time spent perusing inventory lists every few days looking for a match to your own choices then trying to grab it after a discount is applied. Hard to do if you want it "now" (or as soon as it can be made). Those with free time can get the deals while those who's time is valuable can custom order exactly what they want and get back to work, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleDownOn9
I went to the store today and talked to my sales agent. I received a sad message that my X75 7 seater config will be under production this December 18.

I ordered the same config Sept 12 and the car is still nowhere near production apparently. If your dates are valid I guess I should be expecting production around end of November :-/. Amazing, really did not expect to have to wait 5 months for such a pricey car.

I ordered the same config Sept 12 and the car is still nowhere near production apparently. If your dates are valid I guess I should be expecting production around end of November :-/. Amazing, really did not expect to have to wait 5 months for such a pricey car.
It’s probably more like 3 months. Delivery mid December if in USA.

I was right behind you on 9/17, was told expected production completed 11/20 so deliver up to 4 weeks later