Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10-26-17
Confirmed 10-29-17
No VIN yet.

Quick question to those with very recent orders. My order originally said December 2017 but my.tesla now says January - February 2018. Anyone else had their recent orders jump in to 2018?

This will be our 3rd Tesla and will make us a 100% Tesla household.

This is very common and I'm not sure if it is when you order closer to the end of the month or not. I ordered in late September and it was estimated for Late November. After the order was confirmed it changed to December - Early January.

zomx, any idea if that is just a bug? this waiting is killing me. I just need a VIN and I'll be temporarily happy for some days. It's so hard to accept that info I received from my agent that my car will be under production on December 18...

Oct 3 order Oct 6 confirmation X100D. Received VIN last week.

I had waffled extensively between the P and non P and ultimately decided no P. I could not justify it. I could not justify it. I kept saying it. I made the decision. No P. I ordered. Then the wait started.

Today I managed to convince myself to F it and pay $500 change fee and get the P. Called my OA and long story short he called the west coast people and they said too late no changes.

This is a blessing in disguise to my wallet and my marriage because if it worked, and then when my wife found out I did it.... Well let's just say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission and leave it at that. I'll just not mention the attempt lol.

Im a bit relieved. I'll get the P on the next one. Reason I am posting is to say.... Maybe the fact that no changes are allowed means I am close to production.

I think you made the right choice; or the right choice was made for you. In reality paying that money for 1 second is pretty hard to swallow (unless money is not a thing for you). Btw you never know when you may come across a new inventory P that they are willing to make you a deal on (before delivery). They are going to be eager to deliver cars at Q/Y end so they may scramble to make you a better deal.

I have a 2012 P85 and it's pretty nuts but now that the S85D got their HP boost, it's the poor step child. I still LOVE that car though!!!

Nice! I just got assigned the VIN today. I’ve been checking everyday! Check your status online.

I know someone who works at Tesla and they said it should be done in 6 weeks. So, we should expect delivery at the beginning of December. I’m so excited!!! Need to get an electrician and make room in the garage!

Yep, spent the weekend clearing out space. My poor P85 has to go out in the cold now... :( I've got a pretty good electrician but he's down here in SJ.

Actually it looks like we ordered on the same day but confirmed 1 day later; strange. Still no VIN for me :(

@RazeaC

Model X D100
Seven seater
Fully loaded

Ordered: Oct 12th
Confirmed: Oct 19th
VIN: 74XXX
Est. Delivery: Late Dec - Early Jan

I received my VIN just a couple of days after having my order confirmed here in Norway, and after talking with the sales representative, he told me that it seems like the TMX 75 have a longer delivery time than the TMX 100 here in Norway. My VIN-number indicates that it's a 2017 model, so hopefully it will be delivered this year...

@RazeaC

Model X D100
Seven seater
Fully loaded

Ordered: Oct 12th
Confirmed: Oct 19th
VIN: 74XXX
Est. Delivery: Late Dec - Early Jan

I received my VIN just a couple of days after having my order confirmed here in Norway, and after talking with the sales representative, he told me that it seems like the TMX 75 have a longer delivery time than the TMX 100 here in Norway. My VIN-number indicates that it's a 2017 model, so hopefully it will be delivered this year...

Yeah, since I have my production date for whatever reason on December 18. And I'm hearing a lot of speculations from sellers themselves that Tesla are prioritizing Norway on the delivery of vehicles before this year ends due to the suggested tax. I have little faith on all of these and I am quite sure this is just pure salestalk to appease the customers.

I'll be surely pissed if the tax comes and my delivery really ends up in February or march. Thinking about cancelling the order already.

Yeah, since I have my production date for whatever reason on December 18. And I'm hearing a lot of speculations from sellers themselves that Tesla are prioritizing Norway on the delivery of vehicles before this year ends due to the suggested tax. I have little faith on all of these and I am quite sure this is just pure salestalk to appease the customers.

I'll be surely pissed if the tax comes and my delivery really ends up in February or march. Thinking about cancelling the order already.

I wonder how different the EU spec cars are versus North America. Part of me thinks they are 95% similar and they can allocate more cars going to Norway. However there would come a time in November that they know they could not get them over there in enough time and would focus on fulfilling local orders (I'm only about 15 miles from the factory).

I would gladly tell them to forego my order to deliver in Norway first. Good luck man!

I wonder how different the EU spec cars are versus North America. Part of me thinks they are 95% similar and they can allocate more cars going to Norway. However there would come a time in November that they know they could not get them over there in enough time and would focus on fulfilling local orders (I'm only about 15 miles from the factory).

I would gladly tell them to forego my order to deliver in Norway first. Good luck man!

If by the time the tax will be announced to be effective January 2018 (I think it will be around late November or early December) and there's still no news about when my order will be delivered - I will surely cancel it. Rather lose NOK 30,000 than to pay a worthless NOK 50,000-70,000 to the government. I ordered early October and I was informed at that time that the car will be delivered December. Then after the order was locked, BOOM February/March 2018 estimated delivery. This thing scares me already. I have already read a lot of problems with the Model X. They left me a really bad impression already from the start.

But thanks for your kind words doubledownon9!

Not sure if all heard but on today's earnings call they stated that there would be a 10% reduction on the production of new S and X cars as they spun up production of the 3. I'm not sure what this will mean for us waiting for delivery but they did mention the reduction would be effective this quarter.

Ordered on Oct 21
Confirmed on Oct 25
No VIN assigned
X75D (white, white, carbon fiber, 7 seater, EAP)

My OA thought late Nov early Dec when I placed the order. Now I have Dec-Jan. Inventory cars also seemed to have evaporated (I'm guessing related to month end though).

• Helpful
Reactions: CarbonFree