Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I confirmed 11/22 for a metallic silver 100d and just got a vin 794xx. When I ordered they said , December deliver . I ordered at the Costa Mesa store in so cal. Btw, Steve there is excellent , lots of product knowledge and very accommodating/ patient.
Congrats on your X! Nice to see where the VIN numbers are now towards the end of the year. Someone else posted they bought their X at the very end of last year and their VIN was around 32xxx. As for your short wait for your X, not everyone may be as excited for you. Some ordered around 10/7/17 and still haven't gone into production. The waiting game is hard! ;)

Reactions: Reciprocity
Anyone picking up their X in Philadelphia/Devon? I'm curious to know of interactions with the DS/OA at the Devon centre.

I picked up my X there! They're OK... I'm usually the last person to feel this way, but I felt like they could have kissed my ass a little more after throwing down $130m for a car. Otherwise, they've proven to be completely somewhat competent.

Picking up my X today (12/1) in Bellevue, WA... VIN# 76XXX... originally ordered on 10/17, but then switched to an already in flight car to ensure I got it before year end. the new car went into production on 11/20, and I was giving an estimated delivery date of 12/18... got the call earlier this week it was ready early!!!

Picking up my X today (12/1) in Bellevue, WA... VIN# 76XXX... originally ordered on 10/17, but then switched to an already in flight car to ensure I got it before year end. the new car went into production on 11/20, and I was giving an estimated delivery date of 12/18... got the call earlier this week it was ready early!!!
My husband was driving to Seattle yesterday from Portland and sent me a pix of two X's headed to Seattle. Could that have been yours or do you think that yours was in the SC already? Still waiting for mine to go into production and I ordered around the same time as you! The switch worked out!

Reactions: chrisan
I am seeing a weird issue in my account on my Model X delivery. The delivery estimate was Dec-Jan, but that estimate disappeared altogether a week ago. Now it just shows VIN. I wonder what it means. Is anyone else's account having hiccups?

They finally pushed new orders (100D) to February delivery. Also since east coast got their orders, I am hoping CA people will get their cars build starting next week. I hope it is not the the TX and SW people next week and then CA people on the 11th

I think CA 75Ds Oct-Nov orders are probably going to start prod week after next. Fingers crossed for next week...

I picked up my X there! They're OK... I'm usually the last person to feel this way, but I felt like they could have kissed my ass a little more after throwing down $130m for a car. Otherwise, they've proven to be completely somewhat competent.

Yeah, seems consistent with my experience so far. I'm not getting the warm and fuzzie's from my DS, and it seems they changed my DS today with no notification. Hopefully, they'll be a bit better during delivery. Did you have many fixes needed during or after delivery? If yes, how have they fared with that? Thanks for sharing your experience btw and hope you're enjoying your X!