Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX75D
VIN 760XX
Ordered 10/14, confirmed 10/17
Production started 12/1 (and still says in production)

Spoke to DS today. Said car should arrive in Houston (where I am) by 12/18, so we set a pick up date of 12/22. Apparently they need 3-4 days to examine all the cars and repair any minor issues that happened in transit.

Just saw on my Tesla a/c that my X is in transit from the factory (12/8)! Only has to go 125 miles to Rocklin, but my delivery appt isn't until 12/18.

So is delivery likely to get bumped up? Is there still work to do at the Service Center? Are they just crazy busy/booked?
Too many possibilities...!!!!

OMG! Just spoke with my DS, they were basically fully booked with deliveries this week, but I got an open slot for Tuesday! :):):)

Reactions: bbbrown and GOPJEW
MX75D VIN 760XX. Ordered 10/15, Confirmed 10/18, Production started 11/28, Production ended 12/05
Received e-mail from DS on Friday that the car was in transit in Chicago and should be able arrange for delivery on the week of Dec 18.
I am located in Toronto, Canada
Wow same. My schedule is the exact same as yours. Our cars are definitely on the same truck :)

Wow same. My schedule is the exact same as yours. Our cars are definitely on the same truck :)

You can add a 3rd Canadian on the same schedule...
X75D
Ordered 10/31
Confirmed 11/3 - VIN775XX
In production 11/28
Shipped 12/5

DS emailed on Friday to say the car was travelling by rail to Chicago and would then be brought by Truck to Ontario.

Delivery is expected to be Monday the 18th

You can add a 3rd Canadian on the same schedule...
X75D
Ordered 10/31
Confirmed 11/3 - VIN775XX
In production 11/28
Shipped 12/5

DS emailed on Friday to say the car was travelling by rail to Chicago and would then be brought by Truck to Ontario.

Delivery is expected to be Monday the 18th

From Toronto, VIN:760xx. Shipped on 5th as well. On the same truck!

I just got a call from Tesla, but it was not my DS. It was someone working with my DS, confirming my delivery option and asking when I'd like to take delivery. I told them ASAP. They said they'd pass the info on to my DS who will call me tomorrow.

Kinda weird, but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Hey everyone my 100d was ordered about 1/21 , my account does not show a date yet but I got an email ove the weekend requesting a 12/30 appointment hear in so cal. My Vi is 796xx
Do any of you have a understanding of the two different types of service or maintenance plans that are offered

Aliso looking for a wind Hild protection and clear wrap installer in San Gabriel valley or Ontario area ( in so cal)

Thanks. In advance!
Hi, could you tell if you VIN still the same or change something like that letter in position 10 from H to J?

Last edited:
I just got a call from Tesla, but it was not my DS. It was someone working with my DS, confirming my delivery option and asking when I'd like to take delivery. I told them ASAP. They said they'd pass the info on to my DS who will call me tomorrow.

Kinda weird, but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No call today. Tried calling and texting this evening. No answer. Haven't heard from my DS in weeks. When we ordered September, they said we'd have it by late November. Now wondering if we made a huge mistake.

No call today. Tried calling and texting this evening. No answer. Haven't heard from my DS in weeks. When we ordered September, they said we'd have it by late November. Now wondering if we made a huge mistake.

My delivery appt is tomorrow afternoon. If you want me to see if I can learn anything about your status PM me your info. My status still shows in transit even though it's being prepped for delivery, FWIW.