Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.14.13, car feels faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i just picked up my car for window motor / sway bar links / power conversion module / soft suspension service bulletin. they also performed a tire rotation.

i had been driving a S85 rwd loaner so i dont know if it is the effect of coming back to my 3 or did it get a speed boost with the new software.

on my way home i was regularly [audibly] spinning my tires when accelerating at ~30mph. is anyone else running that version? seems we dont really have a software update tracker thread in the 3 subforum.

...just curious!

I couldn't tell you about earlier updates because I just Picked up my car this week
It appears the motor is capable of more than the tires can handle and is software limited.
Yeah tesla’s traction control is aggressive. Electric motors product 100% torque from a standstill so they would annihilate the tires without serious traction control. It would be nice if Tesla offered a sport mode or track mode which allowed a little bit more wheel slip for spirited driving though!

Yeah tesla’s traction control is aggressive. Electric motors product 100% torque from a standstill so they would annihilate the tires without serious traction control. It would be nice if Tesla offered a sport mode or track mode which allowed a little bit more wheel slip for spirited driving though!

This is probably why the car feels limited from about 0 to 20. After 20 it is plenty quick. The only negative is now I've gotten a little more used to the speed and WANT MORE! :)