Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some - it's not dependend on the firmware version. Mine started doing that yesterday, still on 2018.18.
That's nice. I'm on 2018.18 and my GPS locked up with me in my garage this morning and autosteer max speed was reduced to 45 in a multi-lane 60mph highway with cross traffic. Auto lane change on my daily commute on this highway is a long time coming and I'd love to see it, but it definitely wasn't there yesterday for me.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I contacted my SC last week and asked them to push 2018.18 since I was still on .12. They sent me a note the next day saying that my car wouldn't accept an update because of a faulty falcon wing door sensor. They were going to order the sensor and let me know when to come in to get it replaced. At 5:58 this morning I get the alert that a software update was available. Now I'm on .20. Center screen is much more responsive, back up to 12 on the EQ, and lane changes are improved.

Been reading on Facebook some reports of people claiming that 2018.20 is allowing cars with AP2 or AP2.5 to perform auto lane change on normal surface streets (not just highways), much like AP1 cars have been able to. Any truth to this?
This would be huge news if true. Do you have any links to share? Can anyone confirm? I am still on 2018.16 or I would test.

• Informative
Well, considering service centres allegedly were saying that 2018.20 was going to be a big release, it just goes to show exactly what I said at the time - they have no idea. No one privy to what's actually going on in the development of new versions is going to be telling us anything.
Hold on.... *puts on blind optimism hat*

Maybe this is like how 2018.10 was boring, but 2018.10.4 suddenly dropped the new neural net! 2018.20.4 is gonna be the huge new release.

• Funny
Reactions: conman