Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not saying AP2 can't do blind spot detection with its cameras, just at this point Tesla created trigger to gather snapshots for AP2.5 cars only.

So what you were really saying is Tesla is gathering blind spot data from AP2.5 cars, not that there is a blind spot feature that currently only works on AP2.5 cars. That makes much more sense, as it can probably get better data from the AP2.5 repeater cameras, and that data would be applicable to AP2 cars as well.

In other words a big nothing-burger.

Video of the new nag system and the bezier curve max speed limit changes:

Thanks for the video. If I timed it correctly the nag took 42 seconds between the first (after released) and the second. So a bit longer the the 10 seconds discussed earlier in this thread. But not sure what you mean by "bezier curve max speed". I did not see you try to increase the speed of TACC and get an error. I did notice the speed limit sign was lost at one point.

I'm not saying AP2 can't do blind spot detection with its cameras, just at this point Tesla created trigger to gather snapshots for AP2.5 cars only.

As far as I know Conti radar is not compatible with Bosch radar setup used by AP1/AP2 cars. I was told Conti radar has additional Can Bus wire running to it, when Bosch has one connector.
Have you connected to the radar can bus something like a comma.ai panda to record the traffic? I believe they have code in their repository to interpret readings from the bosch radar and visualize it.

I probably have a technique problem - I get nags all the time when hands on wheel. Do I really need to pretend I am driving myself? Problem then is, Tesla is going to blame me if something happens. The number of nags the car came up with is a lousy KPI for attention!

Auto lane change is a gimmick for me. I usually need to tighten the grip on the wheel after turning on the indicator. Why don't the car understand that I am perfectly payin attention putting on the blinker!??

On laughing at the optimists here - don't get me wrong, but I still remember the fanboy, calling out us sceptics/disappointed owners, he who bet $10.000 to charity back in nov (?) 2017 on wether we should get a new AP feature before 1st of April. Even I did not think he would loose, but he left the forum well before the due date. Who is up for a new bet???

What did Elon say today - "expotentially better the next 6-12 months"? I think this is so sad. BMWs new X5 is going hands off to 60 km/h less than a year from now. We shall see, the race is on...

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and croman
Thanks for the video. If I timed it correctly the nag took 42 seconds between the first (after released) and the second. So a bit longer the the 10 seconds discussed earlier in this thread. But not sure what you mean by "bezier curve max speed". I did not see you try to increase the speed of TACC and get an error. I did notice the speed limit sign was lost at one point.

I need to make a better video, some of the initial lack of nags, is because I was manipulating between the wheel and my phone creating torque on the wheel, I'll do a better video tonight, completely hands off from a different view.

And when the speed (drops out) it's when it's transition from two highways. You can track it with the curves, you'll see the max speed go down and then back up again when exiting the curve.

I'll see I can do better. and COMPLETELY agree on the shaky video, that's all my fault, and I apologize for that.

I need to make a better video, some of the initial lack of nags, is because I was manipulating between the wheel and my phone creating torque on the wheel, I'll do a better video tonight, completely hands off from a different view.

And when the speed (drops out) it's when it's transition from two highways. You can track it with the curves, you'll see the max speed go down and then back up again when exiting the curve.

I'll see I can do better. and COMPLETELY agree on the shaky video, that's all my fault, and I apologize for that.

I saw it. I've never seen AP slow down for highway curves before. It only does it on local roads (ASAS tile mapped). The nags aren't something I really care to verify but I am curious to see what Elon is talking about in terms of improved AP. We've heard it before with "Silky smooth" but instead got a massive regression in AS quality (ironic as we thought it couldn't get worse at that time but, yes, 17.17.4 was the high point until 17.50.3 dropped 33 weeks later).

So while Elon might talk about silky smooth, I know it will have to be in an early release version before we get a taste.

Given this is an early access release, is it a reasonable guess that this is what Elon is referring to as the “new Autopilot update coming this week?”.

If so, it’s basically the same as 20 but with more instrument cluster visuals (cars in opposite lanes)?

Given this is an early access release, is it a reasonable guess that this is what Elon is referring to as the “new Autopilot update coming this week?”.

If so, it’s basically the same as 20 but with more instrument cluster visuals (cars in opposite lanes)?

I think it's "a piece" of the release, but like all Tesla builds they go out piece by piece, so I suspect there is. more, maybe some NN changes!

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Maybe I’m missing something, but I find auto lane change extremely useful. It prevents me from having to cancel autopilot and reenngage it every time I need to switch lanes. Isn’t that the point?
That's because you're used to the Tesla AP way of thinking. There are other driver assist systems which allow you to take over for a while and then resume without disabling/reenabling them.

• Love
Reactions: daktari
That's because you're used to the Tesla AP way of thinking. There are other driver assist systems which allow you to take over for a while and then resume without disabling/reenabling them.

Isn't that limited only to ProPilot and only their FSD test cars from what I've seen. Maybe the new leaf does it but I'm skeptical.

Supercruise is unwieldy but might meet your definition since it will reengage but it's cumbersome compared to AP.