Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 AWD with EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I meet lemon criteria, it's not fraud to lemon a car... I haven't done so up until now because I want Tesla to succeed, especially as a stockholder. Don't get me started on the shenanigans I have had to deal with on my model 3. Half the car has been repainted for defects and damage caused by service, every single piece of glass was damaged and replaced, most of the interior trim has been damaged and partially replaced, service was caught joy riding at 85 in a 55 with fresh paint coming back from the body shop, 3 months to get parts in, on top of the price cuts for new orders. Why would I want to keep a damaged car instead of get a new one for less money?
That’s a different discussion than the threat you made based on some perceived injustice they committed.

If all that happened, get it lemoned. Why wait?

Tesla is releasing the Model Y in just two weeks. They needed to get all the changes for the Model 3 out before that so customers can decide between the 3 and the Y when the order desk opens.

Model Y will be more expensive, so they will still use the Model 3 as the best value in EV personal transportation.

Think the Model Y is going to be a run away success.

That’s a different discussion than the threat you made based on some perceived injustice they committed.

If all that happened, get it lemoned. Why wait?

I should have given more detail initially. There are plenty of people that meet lemon criteria and don't lemon the car but surely could. If they jerk around their early adopters, some might be less forgiving is all I was getting at. I was trying to be decent and let them fix the car and move on. Makes it hard when I could now get a new one without the past this one has for less money.

Many of us feel the same way. We like what Tesla is doing to improve air quality and support their efforts.

I have overlooked some little things in the car that could be improved upon, but feel the vehicle is great as it is.

See where some people demand that Tesla essentially rebuild their car by complaining about small panel gap issues. Takes a ton of effort, and often requires removing and aligning many adjacent panels to get a better fit. Many are having their displays replaced because a slight yellow band becomes apparant due to an internal seal changing color.

While Tesla will do all these things, it ties up tremendous amounts of employee time and drains money from the company.

Just something to think about...we tend to be a demanding bunch.

While not perfect, my X is perhaps the finest car I have ever had the pleasure to own.

Reactions: super20g
The old model of buying cars is stressful, so the local dealer makes you feel dirty after signing the contract. Even if you feel that your buddy got a better deal from the same dealer. Most people WOULD NOT try to go back for a price adjustment. Because of the STRESS of dealing with a slick/shady local dealer. So in short, one sucks up the price they paid because of the DRAMA of buy from the local dealer model.

So now the buying is online and easy with Tesla, why would you ever want to stress over your car. Enjoy the new toy and tell people to buy a Tesla ASAP.

Reactions: Common_Loon
The old model of buying cars is stressful, so the local dealer makes you feel dirty after signing the contract. Even if you feel that your buddy got a better deal from the same dealer. Most people WOULD NOT try to go back for a price adjustment. Because of the STRESS of dealing with a slick/shady local dealer. So in short, one sucks up the price they paid because of the DRAMA of buy from the local dealer model.
Why would you go to a "slick/shady" dealer? I haven't had "stress" buying a car from a dealership in a long time. I request some offers over the Internet, let the best two bid against each other via email, and when I go to the dealership the price is already set and I have my offer in the pocket. Easy peasy. People keep complaining about dealerships, but due to their competition at least you are not at the whim of a single company. And you know parts will be available and your car serviced in a timely manner if required (and if not, you can go somewhere else). And you can be pretty certain that your car won't be devalued by thousands of dollars due to some drastic price cut the next day.