Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S 75D - warranty about to expire - things to check?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My warranty is about to expire in a few weeks on a 2018 Model S 75D. I recently got the DRLs replaced (would have been $3k out of warranty). In all of 4 years, that has really been the only thing I took it to service for (got a notice for frunk latch recall but they checked it and mine was fine). Anything else I should look into / things that generally fail but not as noticeable while I still have a few weeks left?

My warranty is about to expire in a few weeks on a 2018 Model S 75D. I recently got the DRLs replaced (would have been $3k out of warranty). In all of 4 years, that has really been the only thing I took it to service for (got a notice for frunk latch recall but they checked it and mine was fine). Anything else I should look into / things that generally fail but not as noticeable while I still have a few weeks left?
If you know a mechanic that specializes in Tesla (not the SC), have them go over the car with a fine tooth comb and point out anything that needs to be fixed. Stuff that you wouldn't normally see yourself

Reactions: David29 and E90Tony
I am in the same boat. I recently had one of the rear license plate light changed under warranty and also had the trunk latch and actuators replaced once. You might want to check these. I hear door handles are Gen3 and should be OK (no problem so far). DRLs have been changed once as well. Be sure to check the scroll wheels on the steering. The right side was behaving erratically for some times before it failed altogether. That was also replaced under warranty not too long ago.
But overall pretty happy with the car.

Reactions: E90Tony
I got til the end of the month before mine expires. Currently got bubbles around the dashboard. A busted speaker (not sure if covered). But everything else seems to be working. I'm worried about the door handles, they have never been replaced. Both headlights have been replaced. ANYTHING ELSE???? Thanks.

2016 RWD Model S 75

If you have air suspension get that checked as well. I assume this it the normal warranty not ESA? I brought my car into have them look at the one Corner that seem to be saving over night - they presented me with a $9k CAD estimate to replace all four shocks. Nice. No thank you.

ESA won’t cover a lot of things like headlights, shocks (air suspension) or interior issues.

Interestingly they did replace my one headlight under ESA then when the other failed they refused stating it’s not covered by ESA and the previous one shouldn’t have been covered.

Reactions: AtlantaRED