Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P3D+ White on Matte White Full PPF 2,600 mile EAP $64k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wf1.jpg wf2.jpg

Selling my like-new MATTE WHITE Model 3 Performance with 20" factory wheels! This car has been a project and has almost no miles (2,600 miles!). I don't drive enough and don't want to let it go to waste sitting in my garage.

List of stuff:
• 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

• 310 miles rated range, Long Range (LR) battery

• 20" OEM Wheels coated in wheel-specific ceramic coating (it was a wheels-off procedure)

• Big Brake Kit w/ Red calipers

• Track Mode (disables all traction/stability control and enables cooling mode for track-only use), among other things it allows you to do this if you so choose:

• This car is known as the P3D+, the + signifying that it has the 20" wheels and BBK (there was a - with regular brakes and 18" Aero wheels; AFAIK the - did not get Track Mode).

• White exterior w/ FULL 360° Paint Protection Film (PPF) in Matte. This gives the white exterior a Matte White Finish; this cost $6,000+

• The Matte White exterior looks extra special and stands out, does not look like every other car on the road. When doing this car as a project I wanted to duplicate a special color offered by BMW called Frozen White, and I am extremely happy with how it came out -- exactly what I wanted!

• All the while protecting you from the elements, rock chips, bird poop, you name it. It's FULL PPF so the whole care is covered in Suntek Ultra Paint Protection Film.

• On top of the PPF there is a 9 year Ceramic Coating. This makes it very easy to wash the car, and things do not stick as they do to paint.

• Premium White interior -- I wanted this car to be White on White so I picked the white interior. It looks beautiful!

• This car is rated at 3.2s 0-60 MPH. Yes, that's right, this is faster than a lot of supercars out there, and that's when those cars hit launch control right. This car? Just push the pedal and hold on. No drama, and can go again and again and again. The car is amusement park fast.

• All Wheel Drive (Dual Motor). When you say Model 3 Performance it is implicit that it is Dual Motor, meaning All Wheel Drive. I'm listing it to be specific. For this level of performance, all wheel drive is a necessity.

• The 20" OEM wheels come standard with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S max-performance summer tires. This is basically the best performance tire you can buy for the street. Tires are in excellent condition because of low miles.

• Suntek Ultra window tint all around, including one-piece rear window (the rear window is HUGE on this car, and only high end shops that know what they're doing can install it).

• Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP). This car drives itself! Also parks itself. And has Summon. You continuously get free software updates which improve existing features (Autopilot drives better now than when the car was delivered), as well as free new features (the car now has dashcam functionality, for example, which it did not have when I purchased it -- it came via a free software update!).

• This car was purchased prior to the current free Autopilot and has features which are part of the current "Full Self Driving" Package not included with the free Autopilot. The EAP Package cost $5,500 + tax when the car was purchased and includes the following features (features which are now part of the $6,000 + tax FSD Package):
1. Autopilot -- this car has it
2. Navigate on Autopilot -- this car has it
3. Auto Lane Change -- this car has it
4. Autopark -- this car has it
5. Summon -- this car has it

• 2,600 miles -- most of those come from when I drove it from Los Angeles (90%+ on autopilot!), where it was purchased. I do not drive much and as much as it pains me to sell this beauty, I hate for it to sit in the garage gathering dust. My wife has one too and I've decided to let this one go to a new home.

• Tesla OEM Carbon Fiber Spoiler, reserved only for the Model 3 PERFORMANCE. Took MONTHS to get this from Tesla, and had my shop that did the PPF install it properly.

• Custom red Tesla badges on Frunk (front trunk) and on rear trunk lid. I did not apply the Dual Motor with Red Underline badge (only for Performance models) because I think it would ruin the beautiful clean look of this special car. However, I do have it and can give it to you.

Title in hand. Serious inquiries only. Ask me anything.

I'll start with "sorry, can't stop myself when I see these threads"!
Also, let's go with the benefit of doubt, maybe you haven't seen current Model 3 new pricing. You can't really compare your asking price of a used car to what it cost new when you got it waaay back in 2018 :)

So a new Performance 3, white on white with FSD (EAP has most perks which are currently in FSD but it's not FSD package) is $62,990

You can't really ask for $64k for a used one year old car in this case. I mean you can, but it doesn't make any sense, except for hurting the used marked as in making the crazy prices seem like they're ok.

You have to get your appetite up for some depreciation, no way around that. The ppf can add a little value but nowhere near as much as to make your price even remotely ok.

Really looks like you can't stop yourself there! ;) Point taken tho. Note that it's full PPF + full tint, you may not want those but people who do want them will need to pay full retail (and take the time to get it done, sometimes that involves a rental like it did for me, as it can take a week) -- point being that they don't come for free, just because I took the hit doesn't mean I'm gonna give them to you for nothing. If you find a deal to get full ppf + tint for $6k you're looking at $68,990; I wouldn't call asking $5k less for a mint car (even the wheels are coated) with 2,600 miles not "even remotely ok."

I hear you tho and I'm lowering it to $62k.

• Disagree
Reactions: ks808 and Daniel_6
Really looks like you can't stop yourself there! ;) Point taken tho. Note that it's full PPF + full tint, you may not want those but people who do want them will need to pay full retail (and take the time to get it done, sometimes that involves a rental like it did for me, as it can take a week) -- point being that they don't come for free, just because I took the hit doesn't mean I'm gonna give them to you for nothing. If you find a deal to get full ppf + tint for $6k you're looking at $68,990; I wouldn't call asking $5k less for a mint car (even the wheels are coated) with 2,600 miles not "even remotely ok."

I hear you tho and I'm lowering it to $62k.

Not disagreeing with you on the ppf/tint, you should get some value out if it of course, just maybe not full retail, let's say 3-4k. Also, no matter how nice the car is, it sill is a one year old used car. With the low mileage a good value for depreciation could be around 15% (more miles, it can go easily to 20% for the first year).

With that said, $62,990 - 15% = about $53,500 + 4k ppf/tint = $57,500 but you do need to account for your lack of FSD and full new warranty so let's say minus $3-4k, which gets us to a top end of $55k fair price.

Just advice, based on the current market and calculations, please don't hit me :)

EDIT: right, there's the tax bonus too. Even 55 starts to seem on the high side. Sorry.

I'm on the market for exactly this car but not at this price....I would buy new and get my own PPF at some point but I'm not that worried about it. Look on cars.com and see how long people have this car listed at 55k+ and can't sell them.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate all the math and input, of course it's a rough wakeup call (esp. when you paid what I paid for the car -- pretty much worst case scenario too with the white for which I paid $2k lol fml), but the market is what it is. I am making one last price adjustment, I feel this is an honest price for a super solid car.

NEW LOWER PRICE: $59,750.00

Reactions: Daniel_6