Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 2019.12.1 last week and confirmed charging at higher rates at the Nanaimo supercharger. Then received 2019.12.1.1 last night (April 28th).

image.png

This is for subscribers. Crazy cheap IMHO at $50/year.
The 2nd place is less obvious and only recently noticed it.
KrdElAM.jpg

Yes, I am also an annual TeslaFi subscriber, however I can't tell ALL the from/to fleet, only the last 10.. I thought there was an aggregate table of from/to updates.

BTW I just got 2019.12.1.1 as well, my previous fw version was 2019.8.5 - so it's not just 12.1 to 12.1.1 fwiw.

Just tried NOA in roushour traffic. It was a complete fail... didn't complete 1 lane change out of 6 attempts...
Yeah. NoA is very hit and miss when the roads are full. It errs on the side of caution a lot and feels like a bit of a novelty to be honest. But I see why it's more on the cautious side. A computer can react well, but inferring intent when surrounded by human drivers isn't an easy thing to get right.

In traffic I tend to disable it, in moderate traffic it does do fairly well.

Reactions: Sorabh
Found this in https://teslatap.com/?s=what+hardware+version+do+I+have

For owners of HW2.0 cars, the addition of HW3 ECU will provide the hardware necessary for FSD but is not expected to provide the two features HW2.5 vehicles enjoy – Dashcam and Sentry mode with local video storage. We suspect the HW3 retrofit could offer at least a monochrome dashcam on HW2.0 cars, but so far it appears Tesla is limiting the feature to cars equipped with cameras that can be made to show color video from the color cameras include in HW2.5 vehicles. HW2.0 may get a limited monochrome Sentry mode to also scare those that get close to the car. The sentry mode video is uploaded to Tesla’s servers. It is not yet clear how owners can access this video.

So I am somewhat unmotivated to try actually putting the USB in again when TeslaTap says it won't work.
I don’t believe he is correct in his assumption. The only reason AP 2.0 doesn’t have the dashcam feature is processor overhead and bandwidth issue, both of which the FSD hardware upgrade will rectify.

For those saying the cameras are monochrome, they’re actually full color cameras that are currently set to monochrome operation. Part of the FSD upgrade is a firmware patch to enable the cameras color capabilities.

I got the 12.1.1 update last night, and the sentry mode is now active on my X. I’ve plugged in a thumb drive to see if the recordings will be stored locally (I think they will be), and I’ll get back when I have data to share.

• Informative
Reactions: Ludalicious
I've had 2019.12 for weeks. It's nothing to get excited about, didn't work 8/10 times when I tested it over a couple days.
As is typical with Tesla. I’ve stopped getting excited from an autopilot standpoint since a long time now. AP is an aggravating piece of garbage feature that causes more headaches than conveniences.

This whole full self driving pipe dream I will believe it when I see it work as flawlessly in real life as they show in their YouTube videos.